Hi Everyone, Nigel South Norfolk near Harleston

Please stop by and say hello when you first join. Let us know who you are, where you are and anything else you want to share.

Moderator: British BBQ Society

Hi Everyone, Nigel South Norfolk near Harleston

Postby Impeed » 28 Jul 2011, 16:25

Hey Everyone,

Have been a keen BBQ'er for years, Just getting into a bit of cold and hot smoking and had a ProQ Frontier arrive yesterday.
I use a Cobb a Weber one touch and a Texas Smoker, nothing like getting out in the garden with a few beers and some great food on the go.

All the best to you all

Nigel
Impeed
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Re: Hi Everyone, Nigel South Norfolk near Harleston

Postby JEC » 28 Jul 2011, 19:06

Welcome, look forward to hearing any tips you've learnt
JEC

Postby dronfield BBQ Ranch » 28 Jul 2011, 21:08

Hi, it's great in here for tips and advise (thats if you need any) :lol:

let us know how you get on with your PorQ
dronfield BBQ Ranch
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Impeed » 29 Jul 2011, 10:08

Thanks for all the great replies and the warm welcome, This is such a good BBQ forum. Now to get the proq frontier and cold smoke generator going and bung on some cheese for a few hours. :0)
Impeed
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Impeed » 31 Jul 2011, 12:34

Thanks Dr, I luv ya monster trailer BBQ ...thats one hell of a thing, I will take some shots to post. Sunday and got the frontier fired up for the first time ..2 bottom vents closed and the final one mostly open and the top one open of course..hanging at 240 F. My next door neighbour came and had a look and already talking about getting one too. We go a couple of chickens on there with some blackened cajan seasoning rub. All quite exciting really :0).Got a couple of digital probe thermometers coming from amazon ..cant afford a maverick just yet ...so they will do for now. Catch u all later.
Impeed
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby LM600 » 31 Jul 2011, 18:37

Welcome Mate,

You'll love the Pro Q....and the amount of smoked cheese you'll be eating soon will be quite obscene!

Tesco's are doing a "Buy one get two free" at the moment, so the E20 got loaded up last night with 3 kilos of cheese!!!

Also, making your own bacon is very easy and way better than the shop bought stuff....you can tell I use my CSG to it's full potential :lol:
LM600

Postby Impeed » 03 Aug 2011, 19:09

Hey LM600

Thanks for the tip on the Tesco cheese ...but strangely enuff just smoked 6 packs the other weekend with some whisky cask smoking dust....pretty good ...will be going back for more to smoke a few sticks for some friends.
It smoked quite well, looked a little dry straight out the smoker on a 2.5 hour cold smoke but after a day in some cling film it rehydrated perfectly and the texture regained nicely. Had some tonight shredded on fajitas ...Niiiiice :0)

Ill try bacon soon ...and maybe brine up some salmon and do some cold cured home gently cold smoked. Thanks for the advice too ...soo much infomation here
Impeed
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby All Weather Griller » 03 Aug 2011, 20:55

Welcome to the forum.
All Weather Griller

Return to Introduce Yourself