Hello!

Please stop by and say hello when you first join. Let us know who you are, where you are and anything else you want to share.

Moderator: British BBQ Society

Hello!

Postby stickorock » 17 Jul 2011, 18:11

Hi,

I've been lurking a week or so and thought I may as well sign up and get to know you all a bit better!

Only really burnt sausages and burgers on a bbq before so I need a bit of help cooking something decent. I got a weber kettle from freecycle and stumbled across this place looking for info on it - really want to be able to cook like some of you guys now!

Anyway, someone suggested to swebbo (I think that was their name anyway!) doing a beer can chicken so I tried it today!

I haven't got a thermometer so the bbq was far too hot after I'd loaded it with coals (chimney + some unlit) and it was done after an hour! I could pull the bone out of the leg with no trouble at all,it was still juicy as well - imagine what it would be like after being cooked properly!

Anyway here's some pictures:

The album's here if you want to have a nose at a few more : http://s1117.photobucket.com/albums/k594/stickorock/First%20beer%20can%20chicken%2017%20July%202011/

stickorock
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Re: Hello!

Postby JEC » 17 Jul 2011, 18:24

Welcome, don't do yourself down chicken looks good too me, I'd even eat it. We all started where you are now, it's great fun learning new tricks and there's plenty of old dogs on here to teach you.
JEC

Postby stickorock » 17 Jul 2011, 18:32

Thanks mate - the chicken was fine, although the lamb at the front was very well done!!

Lots to learn so hopefully I can pick up a few ideas from you guys!
stickorock
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Postby esselle » 17 Jul 2011, 21:07

Hello and welcome to the forum.
esselle
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby dronfield BBQ Ranch » 18 Jul 2011, 11:01

Hi,
Am new here too, but all the members make you feel very welcome, it’s a great place to learn and pick up ideas to enhance your BBQ, if you ask a question they give there honest answer which is very helpful.

Catch you around
dronfield BBQ Ranch
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby BBQ BAZ » 24 Jul 2011, 21:05

Hi and welcome to the forum.
Iam new myself, I have been a bit busy, so apologise for my late hello. :oops:
BBQ BAZ
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Return to Introduce Yourself