Kit -- apologies in advance!

A place to discuss low 'n' slow cooking, ask questions and share advice.

Re: Kit -- apologies in advance!

Postby Jontongs » 24 Mar 2015, 21:25

Wait, so what am I doing with this chilli? It's starting to sting a bit, so please get back to me ASAP.
Jontongs
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Postby Tiny » 25 Mar 2015, 06:53

Still way better than buying one of those tinfoil smokers off of ebay........
Tiny
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby PDC7 » 25 Mar 2015, 12:35

half the time I only come here to read what Tiny has to say :)

great responses!!
PDC7
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby keith157 » 25 Mar 2015, 18:45

PDC7 wrote:half the time I only come here to read what Tiny has to say :)

great responses!!

As do we all :lol: :lol: :lol:
keith157

Postby Jontongs » 26 Mar 2015, 08:19

OK, thanks all, appreciated. One final question (I promise!): within Weber kettles there is a One Touch, a One Touch Premium and a Master Touch. Is the extra for the Premium or Master worth it?
Jontongs
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Postby JEC » 26 Mar 2015, 09:10

Jontongs wrote:OK, thanks all, appreciated. One final question (I promise!): within Weber kettles there is a One Touch, a One Touch Premium and a Master Touch. Is the extra for the Premium or Master worth it?

The option of the integrated ash catcher is good, I think that comes with the middle price option, the top of the range version isn't worth the extra money in my experience.
JEC

Postby derekmiller » 26 Mar 2015, 09:49

Agree with JEC, the OTP is worth the money.
derekmiller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby slatts » 26 Mar 2015, 13:53

Hi

I started off with a Pro Q frontier and worked with that for 18months, learning along the way, I now have a 57cm Weber smokey mountain. I brought a one touch bbq inbetween buying my smokers and as I have my smokers it usually does the usual bbq fare for the kids. I have used it to smoke a leg of lamb so its a versatile bit of kit.

If you want to do burgers etc aswell and learning low and slow then the weber one touch/premium is your best option.

We all come here to read Tiny's posts :lol: :lol: :lol:

Beware though, once you get into the low and slow it wont be long before that smoker is being delivered and it'll spend its first hours taking pride of place in your front room before that first cook.
Then the gadgets start to be ordered and the different charcoals to try plus the different woods.................maybe this is why im currently broke :lol: :roll:
slatts
Twisted Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

Postby Tiny » 26 Mar 2015, 18:36

Gentlemen, you are too kind, I try and mask my poor bbq skills with lively banter......

So to the topic in hand., I believe there are only 2 main differences between the regular and the premium, the ash catcher as some have mentioned and a lid thermometer, the latter will be utterly useless in every regard, so the Q is are you prepared to pay plenty for an attractively designed Weber biscuit tin?

As for the mastertouch, absolute robbery with violence, I cannot comprehend how they can justify the price, I can only assume it is one of those things where they price it so high to be "reassuringly expensive"

I would go standard kettle because you will buy a smoker later :)

And should you wish a challenge I managed to keep my magnificent erection in the front room for 6 weeks before Mrs Tiny insisted the 57cm ivory kettle was relegated to the garden....but I did buy in October so I don't give anyone a chance with a spring purchase......

Press the buy button and get cooking!
Cheers
Tiny
Tiny
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby slatts » 26 Mar 2015, 21:01

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

How many of us have had the smoker made up and sitting in the front room, mine lasted one night as I was cooking the next day.
slatts
Twisted Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

PreviousNext

Return to Low 'n' Slow (Smoking)