Brisket???

Good old British Beef, you can't beat it! Of course Brisket is the American BBQ favorite but recipes for any cut are welcome here.

Re: Brisket???

Postby All Weather Griller » 07 Jun 2011, 16:32

clairbare wrote: Give me pork anyday :D )

Careful! :lol:
All Weather Griller

Postby Vic. » 07 Jun 2011, 19:54

joker smoker wrote:brisket is BBQ. BBQ is brisket.the rest is just to eat while you're waiting. can't cook brisket? can't BBQ. End of!

....... you Everton supporters need something other than football to shout about :lol:
Vic.
Twisted Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

Postby joker smoker » 07 Jun 2011, 23:33

Vic. wrote:
joker smoker wrote:brisket is BBQ. BBQ is brisket.the rest is just to eat while you're waiting. can't cook brisket? can't BBQ. End of!

....... you Everton supporters need something other than football to shout about :lol:

yup, you have to have a sense of humour when you're an Evertonian... :lol:
joker smoker
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby JEC » 08 Jun 2011, 05:59

When you're talking low and slow I agree brisket is the Holy Grail but would rather have ribs or pulled pork anyday, guess it's just a personal taste thing, whatever it is the sauce has to be thin, if it drips it's too much
JEC

Postby joker smoker » 08 Jun 2011, 10:32

As i said its down to how sweet your tooth is....
joker smoker
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby Steve » 08 Jun 2011, 12:41

I'm with John on this one. If I'm going to eat pork then give me a cut with some flavour in it like a fillet. Ribs, I do like very much indeed.

But give me beef, seasoned with salt, pepper, onion and a bit of chipotle and I'm a happy man. No need for sauce unless it's pulled beef (chuck) then a nice spicy sauce is great.

I reckon there is nothing better in BBQ than brisket burnt ends and even Jeff Stehney (Oklahoma Joe's owner) agrees with that and he's a sticky sweet KC kind of guy :lol:
Steve
Site Admin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Beef