Traeger or GMG????

Feel free to ask any questions, one of the experts will certainly respond, don't be afraid to ask anything, we were all beginners at some point.

Re: Traeger or GMG????

Postby Tiny » 19 Jul 2016, 07:06

OK,
But I have had decent service from ABBQ, you have to get on the phone to them but never had any bother.
Tiny
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby Pompey Dinlo » 19 Jul 2016, 08:44

kiriak wrote:Hi. Thanks for the reply. The more I hear/read/see and the attitude of the dealers I speak to, I'm almost certain now to go the extra mile and get the Yoder YS640 ;) :roll: :o

Do it, do it, do it!!!

Trust me, it'll last a lifetime and looks the business.

On Friday I loaded my YS1500 with 5 Tom Hixson Aussie briskets and 7 of his boston butts which may have been a bit too much as it ended up restricting the airflow around the top grate and the meat on there wasn't quite so tender. Obviously the 640 is smaller but that gives you the sort of idea about capacity, the 640 is more than adequate for home use.
Pompey Dinlo
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby essexsmoker » 19 Jul 2016, 20:26

Looking over the spec and price I'd go with a Traeger. I'm sure when I looked first time the Traegers were more money. Now they look like good value.
essexsmoker
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby sweenytodd » 20 Jul 2016, 15:30

I've been debating a GMG for the last 12 mths....
after tons of research..forums and youtube reviews, weighing up customer service etc i chose the Yoder.

And dealing with them this last week, sorting out spec and me asking them every question i could think of, i'm glad i chose them.
Quick responses and no question too daft (at least he didn't make it known to me)

From what i can gather so far, apart from the Yoder having a far better build quality, if there's ever a problem they seem to work with you through it and make sure it's put right one way or another.

I didn't deal with biomass in the UK i dealt with BBQEurope if that helps.
sweenytodd
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Postby kiriak » 21 Jul 2016, 20:39

Hi. I'm about to order a YS640. Was there a reason you dealt with Europe and not biomass uk who I have been communicating with?

Many thanks Kirk
kiriak
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby sweenytodd » 21 Jul 2016, 21:16

Kirk...

I commented on someones Facebook post that had bought one and was then messaged off the guy who runs BBQEurope.
He was brilliant and helped with all i asked.
I mentioned Biomass, he said no problem if you want to order/pay them... it'll be coming from here anyway.
Biomass just take the order.. they carry no stock.

The guy i dealt with was helpful and deserved my business... would'nt have been fair to get him to do the donkey work then order off someone else.

If you need any more info just ask.

Regards, Gary.
sweenytodd
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Postby Pompey Dinlo » 22 Jul 2016, 13:12

kiriak wrote:Hi. I'm about to order a YS640. Was there a reason you dealt with Europe and not biomass uk who I have been communicating with?

Many thanks Kirk

You might get it cheaper buying direct from Europe. I'm sure that when I checked prices after I got my Yoder they were cheaper from BBQEurope. Biomass ship them from BBQEurope so I suspect they're adding on their bit. Worth asking if they'd match the price if it is cheaper.
Pompey Dinlo
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby kiriak » 22 Jul 2016, 16:25

The reason I asked was because the quote from biomass was £400 cheaper! BBQE wanted £200 carriage where as biomass is free delivery for starters.
kiriak
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Pompey Dinlo » 23 Jul 2016, 10:50

kiriak wrote:The reason I asked was because the quote from biomass was £400 cheaper! BBQE wanted £200 carriage where as biomass is free delivery for starters.

Interesting. Go with Biomass then.
Pompey Dinlo
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby kiriak » 25 Jul 2016, 18:01

Biomass on Summer break until Friday. Will be ordering one then for the Monday week delivery. :D
kiriak
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

PreviousNext

Return to New To BBQ/Smoking - Help & Advice