Pellet smoker fuel

Feel free to ask any questions, one of the experts will certainly respond, don't be afraid to ask anything, we were all beginners at some point.

Re: Pellet smoker fuel

Postby Tiny » 19 Jun 2016, 09:26

Don't think it really matters, realised I haven't tried all the pellets as found an unopened bag of cookshack oak, will let you know as currently there is an 7lb brisket on the beast
Cheers
Tiny
Tiny
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby essexsmoker » 19 Jun 2016, 20:52

The smoke doesn't really sink into the meat, it just sits on the surface AFAIK.
The smoke ring isn't smoke.

Just use a blend of the bags, maybe fruit with gold if the gold is too heavy. Personally I wouldn't faff about.
essexsmoker
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby Chris__M » 20 Jun 2016, 18:51

Tiny wrote:Liverpool wood pellets are cheap but I have never given them a go.

I have used the "Lil Devils" pellets they sell. I quite like them, although I feel they are quite mild. - at first I found them a bit meh, in terms of not being very pronounced in taste, but then I got used to them, and grew to like them.

They are definitely a bargain pellet.

The only reason I am not using them is that twice I have had orders placed with LWP, and simply not heard anything from them. Both times, they were out of stock, but they didn't inform me of of this - just acknowledged the order and then sat on it, until - weeks later - I called them to ask where the pellets were. "Oh, we're still waiting, it's going to be another 6 weeks".

When it happened the second time, it peeved me enoough that I simply cancelled the order and switched back to ABC.
Chris__M
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Previous

Return to New To BBQ/Smoking - Help & Advice