Weather protector / kamado joe

Feel free to ask any questions, one of the experts will certainly respond, don't be afraid to ask anything, we were all beginners at some point.

Weather protector / kamado joe

Postby NSC14 » 26 Oct 2015, 19:55

Hi all yesterday I got caught out when doing pizza in my kamado joe classic, basically as I cooked my pizza the heavens opened and rain got my pizza wet!!! Typical! Been looking around and there is some good products out there (smokewAre cap etc) but wondered if anyone else had some advice or suggestions? Been thinking of adapting a golf brolly handle to the kj handle??
NSC14
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Re: Weather protector / kamado joe

Postby JEC » 27 Oct 2015, 18:57

Hello. I have the smokewear cap, got a from another forum member on here, fitted my egg perfectly but too small for his Joe. For me whilst it's good there still isn't enough airflow for pizza temps, I always cook without it or the daisy wheel. I'd look for an umbrella, a cheap one will be fine as long as the garden is sheltered.
JEC

Postby NSC14 » 28 Oct 2015, 21:41

Cheers tec I did think when looking at the smokewAre that it would be OK for normal cooks but wouldn't work for pizzas. There is other product from perfectbbqtec that looks like it may do the job, but I reckon the brolly is the best way to go! After all it's not like we have that much rain here in the UK do we?!?!? What I have found is a golf brolly holder which I am going to fit to the KJ handle and if and when it rains I'll just chuck the brolly on!!!
NSC14
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby NSC14 » 01 Nov 2015, 10:41

Ended up buying a golf brolly holder off amazon £5 and it slots nicely onto the side rack with no need to drill holes etc. It fits golf brolly no problem but I reckon it might fit small garden brolly as well
NSC14
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Return to New To BBQ/Smoking - Help & Advice