Wood pellet smoker/grill, where to buy?

Found any hotstuff that you want to tell people about, heres the place to do it!

Wood pellet smoker/grill, where to buy?

Postby chrisbonnie » 13 May 2015, 17:52

hi lads,

Just wondering, is there any place where i can purchase a wood pellet smoker in the UK, or in Europe, once they ship to Ireland?

Ive found the place that sells the Big Mountain Grill, but id like to see if i have other options.

Any help would be great
chrisbonnie
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Re: Wood pellet smoker/grill, where to buy?

Postby Tiny » 13 May 2015, 18:55

Evening chum,
American BBQ company sorted me out with my excellent GMG Daniel Boon, if it is a pellet burner you want I think they are fab. Give them a call ask for Darren.....cheers tiny
Tiny
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby tommo666 » 14 May 2015, 15:40

This is the only other place i know of that sell pellet grills.
http://www.gardengiftshop.co.uk/acatalo ... okers.html
tommo666
Twisted Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

Postby ParatusBBQ » 18 May 2015, 15:53

tommo666 wrote:This is the only other place i know of that sell pellet grills.
http://www.gardengiftshop.co.uk/acatalo ... okers.html

Has anyone bought this smoker? There are no reviews that I could find. It is a big saving on the DB, but would that saving be worth it? If it's junk, then it is a pretty huge waste of money!
ParatusBBQ
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby chrisbonnie » 18 May 2015, 16:00

ive actually just found out that there's a place here in Ireland that is now selling the GMC Daniel Boone.

Ive emailed them and im awaiting a reply. Hopefully it's not too expensive, but the current currency exchange rate with the sterling is outrageous, so i could be in for a shock, and not a good one :?
chrisbonnie
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby wade » 18 May 2015, 19:35

A second vote for The American BBQ Company. I have just bought a FEC120 from them and whilst I was there I bought the Davy Crockett to have a play with. The temperature control is astounding.

I just tried attaching a temperature log of an 11 hour pulled pork smoke but the error message says that the "Board attachment quota has been reached"
wade
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby chrisbonnie » 19 May 2015, 16:38

as a matter of interest lads.

What is the Daniel Boone like at direct grilling steaks, lamb cutlets etc.........?

I have a gas Broil King at the moment and would be selling this to help fund the pellet smoker.

Is the Daniel Boone still ok for direct grilling and not just smoking?
chrisbonnie
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Tiny » 19 May 2015, 16:45

Hello,
It goes up to 260 deg C and with the new one the drip tray can be adjusted to get more direct radiant heat. I would say it sears at least as well as my old Gasser, but one of the things I have done on this with a thick Veal steak was to smoke it till warm and then sear it to finish off. Wont sear as well as an afterburner chimney starter full of lit charcoal.....but few things do......

Does sausages and and burgers and the like very very well indeed, cooks em even and moist with no flares, and nothing tastes as good as it does on hard wood.....smokilicious.

Cheers
Tiny
Tiny
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby chrisbonnie » 19 May 2015, 16:53

Tiny wrote:Hello,
It goes up to 260 deg C and with the new one the drip tray can be adjusted to get more direct radiant heat. I would say it sears at least as well as my old Gasser, but one of the things I have done on this with a thick Veal steak was to smoke it till warm and then sear it to finish off. Wont sear as well as an afterburner chimney starter full of lit charcoal.....but few things do......

Does sausages and and burgers and the like very very well indeed, cooks em even and moist with no flares, and nothing tastes as good as it does on hard wood.....smokilicious.

Cheers
Tiny

Cheers

Regarding smoking brisket etc.. Is it really as easy as they make out with one these pellet grills?

Obviously being in the UK, you've similar weather to us Irish. Can you literally leave it plugged in overnight doing a 17 hour smoke?
chrisbonnie
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Tiny » 19 May 2015, 17:01

Old Chum,
It is as easy as putting on a hat, and I mean a simple hat like a baseball cap, not a cycle helmet or one of those silly fascinator things. It is really just set and forget.

I love it,
Tiny
Tiny
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Next

Return to Product Reviews