Napoleon Charcoal Grill

A forum for reviews of BBQ's & Smokers. Only mods and admins can create new topics here, but everyone else can reply. Opinions expressed here are those of the individual and are not representative of the BBBQS.

Napoleon Charcoal Grill

Postby JEC » 18 Feb 2012, 19:31

Popped in to Planet Barbecue today and they have started to stock Napoleon grills, as used by Rob Rainford on License to Grill, now before you sigh and switch off at the thought of a gas BBQ they had a new charcoal grill there, in fact the grill below

The grill looks like it's well made with adjustable charcoal bed to truly control the cook temperature, the cooking area is large to say the least and build quality is excellent, loads of stainless steel to impress your friends, a few more pictures to wet your appetite

Now this thing isn't cheap at £1099 but it is excellent quality and would make an great addition to any garden for those big parties.

Anyone else seen one or used one?
JEC

Re: Napoleon Charcoal Grill

Postby Steve » 18 Feb 2012, 19:59

Never used a Napoleon unit before but this looks nice. I know they used to sell rebadged proq's in the US wonder if they manufacture this themselves?

Is it all stainless? If so how thick is the sheet? Looks like a lot of steel for only £1100. If it is well manufactured it could be a real bargain. Have to see if I can lay my eyes on one.
Steve
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby JEC » 19 Feb 2012, 20:02

Pretty much all stainless construction with the exception of the ends of the lid which are cast steel and powder coated, not 100% certain on the thickness but it's certainly not thin, I will get a better look next weekend, check out the below for a full tour

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=NORk5sTiBHc
JEC

Postby tmitch » 18 May 2014, 16:11

Good afternoon all, I've been grilling for many years and am currently after a decent charcoal bbq to fit in an outdoor kitchen. After some research I came across the Napoleon charcoal grill but at around£1000 its not the sort of thing you just buy without some proper research. So I wondered if anyone on here actually owns this grill and can give some honest feedback. Is it worth the money, whats the build quality like etc?
tmitch
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Postby tmitch » 22 May 2014, 17:14

Does anyone have an opinion on this grill as I'm struggling to find user reviews anywhere??
tmitch
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Postby stephenjedward » 12 May 2015, 08:53

Hi all, I too am looking for a large charcoal grill to replace my ageing (and rusty) Kingsford Premium Console grill. I got this from costco many years ago and would buy another if I could find one..

I was also considering importing the beast, but also not sure if this is still in production.

http://www.thebeastgrill.com/

what are the best options in the UK for big flat bed charcoal grills with hoods?

Cheers
Steve
stephenjedward
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Return to BBQ / Smoker Review