custom made bbqs

Do you have a BBQ item that you don't need and want to sell? Or are you desperately looking for something that you can't find. Post your sales and wanted notices here.

custom made bbqs

Postby BBQ design » 13 Mar 2015, 18:36

Hi All.
I was looking at buying a reverse flow offset smoker but found out that anything within my budget was not up to standard and anything that a good was well into the thousands so I've designed my own. Now that I've got all the parts designed i figure i might as well see if anyone would like to buy one. all made out of 5mm mild steel can be thicker if you want. will be made to the highest standards and all the welds will be coded quality. i have a background fabricating and welding ships. could probably ship to you but I'm guessing it would be expensive.
BBQ design
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Re: custom made bbqs

Postby BBQ design » 14 Mar 2015, 11:49

Also for those of you that have a dream of the perfect BBQ but no way of making it let me know your idea and i will happily build it. any size or style is fine
BBQ design
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Tiny » 14 Mar 2015, 19:13

My dear old chum,
This is the kind of dare to dream stuff we all love, and I am sure you can get some folk to come charging forward......to help with this the sighted folk here will want photos of your construction, what you would sell it for and your geographical location....if you are in the wilds of Scotland makes it more of a challenge than if you are in somewhere civilised, like Portsmouth :)

But more power to your elbow say I,
Cheers
Tiny
Tiny
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby batvan » 15 Mar 2015, 08:38

I'm finally gonna step up and get me a proper BBQ soon as I make mi mind up on what I want. I'd be interested so as already said, photos,price and location would sure help. Ta
batvan
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby BBQ design » 15 Mar 2015, 15:37

I'm living in sunny manchester at the moment. Originally from aus but moved over here almost 2 years ago.

I've tried to put a pic onto the page but it said it was to large of a file size and then when I shrunk it the site said I had gone over my attach limit for the post?? I'll try again on Monday.

At the moment it is just a 3D design on my computer. I am a design engineer and use designing software at work so that's what I've used to calculate everything. I'm ordering the laser parts that include the rolled and bent sections this week. I'll be posting pictures as it's all built.

As for the price. That would be completely dependant on the build. I work for a fabrication company that has very good relationships with steel suppliers and the company that dose all the laser parts and rolled sections so I've got a very good price on all that.

This is just a fun hobby that I'm looking to do after moving from the workshop into the office and missing being out on the tools.
BBQ design
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby BraaiMeesterWannabe » 15 Mar 2015, 18:07

Guide for posting pics viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4
BraaiMeesterWannabe
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby batvan » 15 Mar 2015, 21:04

Locations good for me as I'm in chorley. Keep us informed ta
batvan
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby BBQ design » 16 Mar 2015, 11:02

I've used solidworks to design these, that's why they look computer generated.
Will be made out of 5mm mild steel plate then powder coated with heat resistance paint up to 500 degrees Celsius. it coating is being done at my works powder coating plant as payment for me making my boss one so if you wanted it powder coated then to be honest it could be fairly expensive because i would have to send it out to a company to get it done.

i could leave it bare and you could buy a tin of heat proof paint and it would work out much cheaper.

The cooking rack is made out of 304 food grade stainless and can be put at 2 heights for when you want to use it as a grill. (its shown in the highest position.)

im not 100% on the price atm still have to see how long it takes me to make it. ill post pics of the build and then give a price when im finished

but if you would like me to make you one if you want to message me with a idea what your looking for I can design one within the budget you are looking for.
BBQ design
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby BBQ design » 16 Mar 2015, 12:44

BBQ design
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Return to Member Sales/Wanted