IBQN Certified Judges Class – 26th April

IBQN Certified Judges Class – 26th April

Postby SaySausages.com » 06 Jan 2014, 19:02

We were a little surprised by the team uptake in 2013 and although we have a large judges following we are always looking to add to the number. We provide the judges training at cost which works out at £20, You do not need to pay membership, if you want to take a refresher each year that would be great but the price will remain the same. We are looking for people with a genuine interest in judging, a love of food and no allergies! If this is you please email judge@ibqn.com

Something a little different for those PitMasters that take the season seriously. We are giving upto 6 teams the opportunity to run a full cook to be judged by experienced and new judges as part of our Judges training on the 26th April. PitMasters will get summary feedback from the judges and although this is not a competition scores will be tallied and handed out at the end. Team will be required to hand in two boxes per category.

The best way to get consistent judges is to give them a wider experience. No other sanctioning body takes judges training to this level. By raising the bar we will be able to help PitMasters achieve the highest level of consistency and continue to do great things in all competitions as we have seen over the last few years.

IBQN are currently sanctioning 4 events in 2014 on the 3rd & 4th May, 24th & 25th May, 5th & 6th July, 9th & 10th August. Although there are more in the pipeline we wouldnt want people to go to the expense of becoming a judge and not actually having a space for them to judge a competition!! Therefore we are limiting the number of new judges to 24 for 2014 which will be on a first come first served basis.
Class will take place in Tongham, Surrey, GU10 1BP

To sign up please fill out the form here http://ibqn.com/competitions/competition-entry/
SaySausages.com

Re: IBQN Certified Judges Class – 26th April

Postby MrJaba » 06 Jan 2014, 21:08

Can't make the 26th April, but if there are any other judging classes going in the year then I'd be up for those!
MrJaba
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby CyderPig » 11 Feb 2014, 21:00

Hi Toby
Hope you received the Two Entry forms from Max and myself.
Cheers
Si
CyderPig
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby brendanjbf » 07 Jan 2015, 18:45

Will there be any training for Competition judgin this year?
brendanjbf
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Postby Toby » 08 Jan 2015, 11:50

There will be, i am working on dates at the moment and they will be released in the next few weeks.
Cheers
Toby
Toby
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby JBBQ » 08 Jan 2015, 15:08

Hopefully event dates will be announced soon too? Need to make sure I can make more than 1 this year.
JBBQ
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby derekmiller » 08 Jan 2015, 15:36

If you are on FaceBook, Alan (H+T) has created a page called Torremolinos BBQ Club, they list all known events there.
derekmiller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Toby » 08 Jan 2015, 17:32

JBBQ wrote:Hopefully event dates will be announced soon too? Need to make sure I can make more than 1 this year.

They will be, with the arrival of twin boys the first week of may my schedule has been thrown up in the air. First event will be easter weekend, full details will be out in a couple of weeks
Toby
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby JBBQ » 08 Jan 2015, 17:40

Not meant as a slight on you Toby - I meant because I was late to the party my calendar was pretty busy already before I knew of any dates.
JBBQ
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby aris » 08 Jan 2015, 18:54

Congrats Toby. They should certainly be keeping you busy!
aris
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Next

Return to Events Blog