Chicken, Ribs, Pork, Brisket preparation and cooking

Feel free to ask any questions, one of the experts will certainly respond, don't be afraid to ask anything, we were all beginners at some point.

Chicken, Ribs, Pork, Brisket preparation and cooking

Postby Toby » 05 Dec 2012, 09:29

Keith asked me to put the training clips in one thread as a sticky to that they can easily be found hope some find them useful.

A beginner’s guide to competition ribs, Training Episode 1

This is to help anyone out there that is thinking about entering a BBQ competition, this is the first of a 4 part series covering Ribs, Chicken, Pork and Brisket, excuse the quality, turned into a windy day!

Filmed 1 year and three stone ago! I will be working on new videos soon, with more close ups and better editing. The 4 episodes in this series were filmed over a 24 hour period so there is some cross over. Remember this is to help beginners with comp cooking, I appreciate there are thousands of variations and techniques, hope you enjoy watching. I am more than happy to answer any questions.

A beginner’s guide to competition chicken, Training Episode 2

This is to help anyone out there that is thinking about entering a BBQ competition, this is the second of a 4 part series covering Ribs, Chicken, Pork and Brisket, excuse the quality, turned into a windy day!

Filmed 1 year and three stone ago! I will be working on new videos soon, with more close ups and better editing. The 4 episodes in this series were filmed over a 24 hour period so there is some cross over. Remember this is to help beginners with comp cooking, I appreciate there are thousands of variations and techniques, hope you enjoy watching. I am more than happy to answer any questions.

URL=http://s958.photobucket.com/albums/ae63/BritishBBQSociety/?action=view&current=Chicken.jpg]Image

A beginner’s guide to competition pork, Training Episode 3

This is to help anyone out there that is thinking about entering a BBQ competition, this is the third of a 4 part series covering Ribs, Chicken, Pork and Brisket, excuse the quality, turned into a windy day!

ImageImage

A beginner’s guide to competition brisket, Training Episode 4

This is to help anyone out there that is thinking about entering a BBQ competition, this is the fourth of a 4 part series covering Ribs, Chicken, Pork and Brisket, excuse the quality, turned into a windy day!

Toby
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Chicken, Ribs, Pork, Brisket preparation and cooking

Postby slatts » 10 Dec 2012, 19:52

Hi

Although the videos are a guide to competition cooking is there much difference in the cooking prep and times to backyard cooking.
I dont want to annoy any pro's with stupid questions but for a total beginner like me its good to be able to watch the videos and learn, dont want to put competition cooking in the same bracket as backyard cooking !!

Many thanks
slatts
Twisted Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

Postby Toby » 10 Dec 2012, 20:30

No difference whatsoever, i filmed these several years ago just to give a helping hand to new teams. Its only through this forum that we now see how many people are into low and slow alot of people thought they were on their own!

Times, temps, preparation etc are all as i would use at home.
Toby
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby keith157 » 11 Dec 2012, 11:10

You WERE at home...... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :oops:
keith157

Postby Toby » 11 Dec 2012, 12:05

You know what i mean!!!! :roll: :lol:
Toby
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby keith157 » 11 Dec 2012, 12:56

Yep..................
keith157

Postby slatts » 11 Dec 2012, 21:12

Thank you

Its nice to know I can ask a question and always get a good reply. Ive asked a few questions and they are probably questions alot of you have been asked before but there is always a reply.

So thank you again
slatts
Twisted Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

Postby slatts » 11 Dec 2012, 21:19

Sorry to go off topic but I was looking around the forum and came across the classes Harry Soo taught and was wondering if there would be more, id love to have a lesson or 2.

Does anybody else do beginner classes in England??

I will be bookmarking the videos on this post though and using them alot over the next few months hopefully.

Many thanks
slatts
Twisted Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

Postby Toby » 11 Dec 2012, 21:58

Harry is back on the 15th and 16th June we are just running the 101 class which is perfect for beginners. You can find details at www.ibqn.com
Toby
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MrJaba » 10 Jan 2013, 00:17

In the Rib video, you used baby back ribs which had loads of meat on, what did you ask the butcher for? I asked for baby backs but the looked at me funny!
MrJaba
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Next

Return to New To BBQ/Smoking - Help & Advice