External access for probes

Please feel free to post reviews of new barbecues, gadgets and of course food. The opinions within the forum are not necessarily that of the web site owner!

Re: External access for probes

Postby aris » 31 Aug 2012, 11:46

Indeed I will. When i'm done, i'll try and do a complete breakdown of everything - i.e. what I used, where I bought it etc.

I'm busy doing a 2nd seasoning burn in my drum now. I'll probably do a third too (I have some very very old charcoal I want to get rid of).
aris
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby BBQFanatic » 31 Aug 2012, 12:19

Did you do a spritz of sunflower oil on the inside? I believe that helps with sealing (a bit like the seasoning a wok?). Im well jealous, but there would be zero WAF (Wife Acceptance Factor) score with a UDS. Personally I would be happy to chuck in the WSM for a UDS. They are COOL!
BBQFanatic

Postby aris » 31 Aug 2012, 12:27

Yeah, rubbed down with oil before each burn. I'm thinking this is a bit like seasoning some cast iron :P

As for wife acceptance. I guess i'm a pretty lucky guy!
aris
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby keith157 » 31 Aug 2012, 14:05

BBQFanatic wrote:Did you do a spritz of sunflower oil on the inside? I believe that helps with sealing (a bit like the seasoning a wok?). Im well jealous, but there would be zero WAF (Wife Acceptance Factor) score with a UDS. Personally I would be happy to chuck in the WSM for a UDS. They are COOL!

Well I'll start you off, I'll swop a drum for your WSM ;)
keith157

Postby BBQFanatic » 31 Aug 2012, 16:53

Hahah - Its not that my wife is accepting, I dont think I will get it past the existing 3 bbq's and a planned KamadoJoe/BGE!!!!
BBQFanatic

Postby keith157 » 01 Sep 2012, 14:08

BBQFanatic wrote:Hahah - Its not that my wife is accepting, I dont think I will get it past the existing 3 bbq's and a planned KamadoJoe/BGE!!!!

Ahhh but if you swop me your WSM for a barrel, you won't be adding to the list. Plus there is all the time you'll be out of her hair as you work on converting a barrel to a UDS, and how happy will she be to see you happy with all the work you've done........

No I would'nt get it past the foodtaster either but worth a try ;)
keith157

Previous

Return to Barbecue Reviews