Lump and Briquettes

Do you have a BBQ item that you don't need and want to sell? Or are you desperately looking for something that you can't find. Post your sales and wanted notices here.

Lump and Briquettes

Postby All Weather Griller » 22 Oct 2009, 20:06

Guys (UK),

Any ideas who is stocking decent fuel? I need some reasonable restaurant grade lump or if poss coco shell briquettes.

I think I'm beginning to suffer from Seasonal Affective Disorder!!!

Damn UK, it sucks when it comes to winter fuels.

:(
All Weather Griller

Re: Lump and Briquettes

Postby MadCow » 23 Oct 2009, 13:44

Hi Guys

I have found a potential new product ... wood briquettes ... these are made from sweet chestnut and look like huge pellets ...

The phone in the photo is to show the size .. I won't be setting fire to it by mistake .. lol !!!

I hope to test them out soon, if they work they might make a good new fuel source either to substitute charcoal or to compliment it.

If you want to help test some for me, please let me know and I will try and get some more ... I also need to work out prices and am waiting for the supplier to get back to me about this.
MadCow

Postby All Weather Griller » 23 Oct 2009, 15:54

Hi Jackie,

I tend to use photobucket (www.photobucket.com) once you set up an account you can upload the photos and then use the link code to post thumbnails on the forum.

Once you have setup an account give me a buzz if you are struggling.

Beerz

Adie
All Weather Griller

Postby Steve » 24 Oct 2009, 06:59

Hi Jackie,

I would also recommend photobucket. Settign up your photobucket account (which is free) should be a doddle.

There's a guide in the new members forum to explain how to post photos on the forum here

hope that helps.

I'd be interested in testing the wood briquettes, sounds like an intriguing product.
Steve
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MadCow » 25 Oct 2009, 10:18

Thanks guys ... have now added image to original post.
MadCow

Postby All Weather Griller » 25 Oct 2009, 11:08

Hi Jackie,

Do you have any prices and Qty's

Cheers
Adie
All Weather Griller

Postby MadCow » 25 Oct 2009, 17:55

Hi Adie

I think they are going to come in 10kg bags but I am still trying to get the pricing out of the guy at the moment along with a quantity of them to try out.

Will let you know as soon as I have some more info ...

Jackie
MadCow

Postby joker smoker » 25 Oct 2009, 19:58

Does anybody use this? Restaurant grade British lump charcoal. dorsetcharcoal.co.uk I have spoken with the company and am considering buying by the pallet.
joker smoker
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby Steve » 28 Oct 2009, 13:25

Have never used the dorset charcoal, I'd be interested in trying it out. The problem is I wuoldn't want to invest in a full or part-pallet without knowing if it's any good.

Also storage would be a problem at the moment :(
Steve
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Steve » 28 Oct 2009, 13:33

http://www.localcharcoal.co.uk/index.htm

This is a site that's got potential, there's a lot of wood colliers on there, I've not had time to ring round yet and find out whether I can buy restaurant grade from them.
Steve
Site Admin
Site Admin

Next

Return to Member Sales/Wanted