Weber Ranch

Please feel free to post reviews of new barbecues, gadgets and of course food. The opinions within the forum are not necessarily that of the web site owner!

Re: Weber Ranch

Postby JEC » 01 May 2012, 08:48

I took the brave step and reduced the number of cookers too, went from 6 to 1 and used the money I got to help justify the cost of the Egg. I'm sure my collection will grow again, I have a part built competition cooker that needs finishing or I might sell that too and go for a couple of large Eggs for competition instead if I can negotiate a good deal. I'm so impressed with my Egg it is by far one of the best things I've ever bought. I reckon with all the gear you have you could easily raise enough for one if that's what you want.
JEC

Postby Toby » 01 May 2012, 13:26

I had a couple of Weber Ranch, one of which now resides with Bite the bullet. they are fantastic and a great buy at the price. I probably use it more than any other piece of kit (and i do have alot!) buy some of the weber charcoal cages, so the charcoal is only on one side, the ranch is very versatile and you will be able to do pretty much anything! :D
Toby
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby RobinC » 01 May 2012, 16:40

Yep looking forward to it. No idea what the first cook will be.
RobinC
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby JEC » 01 May 2012, 16:48

RobinC wrote:Yep looking forward to it. No idea what the first cook will be.

Everything in the butchers :lol:
JEC

Postby RobinC » 01 May 2012, 16:58

Toby wrote:I had a couple of Weber Ranch, one of which now resides with Bite the bullet. they are fantastic and a great buy at the price. I probably use it more than any other piece of kit (and i do have alot!) buy some of the weber charcoal cages, so the charcoal is only on one side, the ranch is very versatile and you will be able to do pretty much anything! :D

Any particular advice for long low n slow cooks? Would I expect to use similar amounts of fuel with similar burn times to a WSM (assuming a minion start)?
RobinC
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby Toby » 01 May 2012, 17:20

Absolutely, the only thing i would recommend is turning large joints halfway through the cook, not sure if this makes a difference but i have always tended to do it. one side will get hotter than the other. There arent any holes for a probe so just drop it through the top vent. Other than that it will work like a dream. Try out a couple of steaks, give them colour over the charcoal and then move them over and close the lid. Then move to a leg of lamb just throw it in and close the lid. I like uncomplicated cooks and the ranch is perfect for them.
Toby
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby RobinC » 01 May 2012, 18:10

Cheers
RobinC
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby bencops » 01 May 2012, 19:28

Good score on it, really good price for new!
Its probably for the best i didnt win it, it wouldnt actually be possible to get it in my house!
bencops

Postby bencops » 04 May 2012, 19:08

Whens it due!
Unboxing!
bencops

Postby RobinC » 04 May 2012, 19:41

Turned up today. Assembly was a breeze. Only frustration is that it will be a few days before I can fire her up. Very impressed with the thickness of the grill.

RobinC
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

PreviousNext

Return to Barbecue Reviews