BBQ Razor Clams

Feeling fishy? Post your fish dishes here.

BBQ Razor Clams

Postby Minesamojito » 07 Apr 2012, 21:08

I’m a really big fan of great simple seafood, and especially love to try new things. I’d been after some Razor Clams for a while, and I mentioned this to the friendly fishmongers at Greendale Farm Shop just outside Exeter. They had recently been out foraging and so were able to sell me some. Needless to say I jumped at the opportunity.

I got the clams home and rinsed out any remaining sand, and fired up the BBQ with some white hot coals, I popped the clams on meat side down and grilled them directly over the coals until seared, a couple of minutes, I then turned the clams over with some tongs, and brushed them with garlic, chilli and coriander butter, a squeeze of lemon and a little salt and pepper, until the shells started to char and smoke, another couple of minutes, don’t overcook them or they’ll turn to rubber. At this point the aroma was amazing.

I served the Razor Clams hot and we ate them with our fingers, avoiding the gritty stomach, and enjoyed them with a glass of cold New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc, the taste and texture was similar to scallops, slightly sweet and subtly smoky from being cooked over fire.

Cheers
Marcus
Minesamojito
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Re: BBQ Razor Clams

Postby BigM » 07 Apr 2012, 21:28

Wow cracking mate and great pics. Iam not a sea food fan but sure would give them a try
BigM
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Minesamojito » 07 Apr 2012, 22:24

Thanks BigM, they are not as fiddly as a lot of seafood, and really quite meaty.
Cheers
marcus
Minesamojito
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Steve » 07 Apr 2012, 23:43

Looks delicious. I fecking love razor clams, a really satisfying eat and a lovely flavour.
Steve
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby keith157 » 08 Apr 2012, 09:30

Steve wrote:Looks delicious. I fecking love razor clams, a really satisfying eat and a lovely flavour.

Brings out the Irishman in you eh Steve :lol:
keith157

Postby Minesamojito » 08 Apr 2012, 20:16

keith157 wrote:
Steve wrote:Looks delicious. I fecking love razor clams, a really satisfying eat and a lovely flavour.

Brings out the Irishman in you eh Steve :lol:

To be sure!
They are great, and best served simply.
Cheers
Marcus
Minesamojito
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Steve » 08 Apr 2012, 21:47

To be fair I'd been drinking since 12 yesterday so I was retry much like Father Jack when I posted last night.

Drink, Feck, Girls, Ribs! :lol:
Steve
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Fish