rib roast / prime rib

Good old British Beef, you can't beat it! Of course Brisket is the American BBQ favorite but recipes for any cut are welcome here.

rib roast / prime rib

Postby Swindon_Ed » 21 Dec 2011, 22:22

I found this video earlier this evening which shows an interesting way of preparing a rib roast which I thought I'd share this invade anyone else is cooking one for Christmas and might want to give it a try, I know I will.

http://vimeo.com/12099997
Swindon_Ed

Re: rib roast / prime rib

Postby keith157 » 22 Dec 2011, 13:13

It's certainly interesting, but not for this Christmas maybe for a summer BBQ.
I'm not too happy with using the raw marinade/mop sauce and pouring it over the meat it may be okay but I'd still want to cook mine through in a pan befaore using it as a serving sauce.
BUT the main problem is "Where are the cook's perks" you know what I mean, the scrummy bits of meat left between the bones when you carved it!!! These have always been mine MINE MINE I tell you ;) :D
keith157

Postby Swindon_Ed » 22 Dec 2011, 19:11

Keith the part of this that i found most interesting and was the reason i was sharing, wasn't the recipie for the sauce or marinade, but the idea of slicing the spinal muscle to give you some tasty cubes of meat along with the the rest of the beef for slicing. Also just beacuse Adam's decided to cook it with the rib bones off, there's nothing stopping you from cooking it with the bones attahced, i will be.

Finally has anyone ever experimented with this idea when cooking whole briskets? If you were to slice the point in this way before adding it to the smoker, could this give you more bark on your burnt ends?

I feel a trip to the butchers will be in order shortly after Christmas.
Swindon_Ed

Postby keith157 » 24 Dec 2011, 17:37

Hi Ed, see your point now, to be honest with all that's going on for Christmas lunch I'll still keep to the tried and true, BUT will give it a go on our "early spring"/late winter BBQ next year. Let me know as and when you do it how it comes ot.
Happy eatings to you
keith157

Return to Beef