Who got lucky ?

The place to hang out and chat about anything and everything that doesn't fall under our other categories.

Who got lucky ?

Postby beercan » 03 May 2017, 17:15

Well wasn,t me heard about the Homebase c..k up too late they had a pricing error this weekend on slate grey Weber Mastertouch 57cm and were letting them go for £122 judging by the sudden glut on Gumtree etc seems a few did snap them up
Well if anyone here got one at that price good on yer ( even if Im a little jealous lol)
beercan
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Re: Who got lucky ?

Postby Toby » 03 May 2017, 17:25

it wasnt a pricing error, they are getting rid of that model. There are still quite a few stores with them, you may be able to ask your branch to get one in for you.
Toby
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Geordie888 » 04 May 2017, 08:12

I've found a Smoke Grey in stock at a Homebase not too far away, but it's showing at £240 (normal price). Hmmm.
Geordie888
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby beercan » 04 May 2017, 12:17

Yep your right went into Lincoln today who had 15 there all back to normal price
Did speak to staff apparently this was an introductory offer and they were selling at a loss designed to increase footfall once they sold out and reordered they were back to the original price
Sadly as is human nature people were buying as many as they could and reselling ( there was no limit put on )so the people who actually wanted to buy one to use had no chance Shame but good luck to any genuine bbq people that got one at that price.
beercan
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby PeanutZA » 04 May 2017, 15:38

3.5 hours driving around on bank holiday rewarded me with one for a wedding gift and a second I may keep or sell off.

Was so very surprised by the price. Cheaper than my 4 year old one touch.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
PeanutZA
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby beercan » 04 May 2017, 16:50

Good to see someone off here got lucky lol

Keep it you know it makes sense, joking aside if your one touch doesnt have the bucket ash catcher you will notice a big difference plus the bigger wheels give extra height and actually make it easier on your back add in the GBS grill and the lid holder its a no brainer lol
And you know youll want one at a later date anyway
beercan
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby batvan » 10 May 2017, 20:35

I actually managed to get one in Preston. :shock: usually miss out on deals.
batvan
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby beercan » 23 May 2017, 11:32

Well in a way I guess I did
Missed out on the Homebase deal but just picked up a used Master touch for £80.00 which had only been used twice before the owner realised they didnt like charcoal To be fair I was always dubious about the descriptions of used once used twice etc but from its condition I well believe it and wouldnt even say its been used for more than an hour in its life

And the best bit is its spring green so joins the spring green premium and Ive got twins lol
beercan
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Return to Anything Butt