Brisket - London

The place to hang out and chat about anything and everything that doesn't fall under our other categories.

Brisket - London

Postby mikeyboibbq17 » 10 Feb 2017, 17:52

hi there,

looking to smoke a Brisket this summer, (first time) i have located a Costco supplier in London, but if anyone have any other suppliers can you let me know?

secondly i am about to buy a Kettle bbq for non-direct cooking but don't want to break the bank, can anyone suggest and cheaper alternative than a Weber? i would like not to spend much more than £75 for a first time smoker. again any info would be much appreciated.

if you also have other tips for for first timers that would also be a great help.
mikeyboibbq17
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Re: Brisket - London

Postby BraaiMeesterWannabe » 08 Apr 2017, 07:04

I would say there is no such thing as a decent cheap smoker unless you build a UDS.

Anything else will just make temp control a nightmare and when you're doing an 18 hour cook including overnight you will regret buying £75 on cheap rubbish.
BraaiMeesterWannabe
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby Bevo » 15 May 2017, 21:22

If you're still looking for a brisket supplier, personally I think some of the best beef you can buy in London is from Turner & George butchers. I've used them for years and the steaks and brisket are always top quality.

I've also used Tom Hixson for brisket. I bought a large Australian grain fed Packer Cut from his butchers at Smithfields last summer and it was meltingly tender.

Both of these suppliers have websites and do home delivery. It's also great to go to Smithfields and experience that at least once. Be warned though, you need to get to Tom Hixson and the other butchers at Smithfields before 6am :)
Bevo
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Postby BraaiMeesterWannabe » 18 May 2017, 21:50

I'll second Turner & George. Excellent stuff from them
BraaiMeesterWannabe
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Return to Anything Butt