Wood Pellet options

The place to hang out and chat about anything and everything that doesn't fall under our other categories.

Wood Pellet options

Postby Tiny » 12 Jun 2015, 17:30

Esteemed BBQ colleagues,
Especially fellow pellet heads. The time has come to order some more pellets for the GMG, bought 2 bags each of the GMG pellets and really like the hickory and the fruitwood, the Texas blend is ok but nothing special.

But like all of us I want to widen my options, the American BBQ co has FEC pellets and the excellent sounding "single wood" pellets from Lumberjack.

Problem is that the lumberjack only come in 3x20lb bags, I want to try Cherry, Oak and Mesquite but this would see me £150 lighter and nearly 200lbs of pellets to the good, except if I don't care for one then I have done £50.....

So do any of you know pellet vendors who are not so volume insistent? I have found LWP but these are an all round blend. I was also musing if I could find 2 like minded chaps I might be able to persuade ABBQ Co to split the 3 boxes and put one bag of each flavour in each, thus the 3 of us could try before we buy big.....

Thoughts comments and all wisdom welcomed!
Cheers
Tiny
Tiny
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Re: Wood Pellet options

Postby tommo666 » 12 Jun 2015, 21:17

Tiny,

They can mix and match for you as long as they're similar weights, 20lb or GMG. If you want hickory, pecan and fruitbat. They will charge accordingly and ship it. As long as it matches their shipping weight of 60 lb for cookshack and lumberjack or 56lb for GMG pellets. i always get a mix.
tommo666
Twisted Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

Re: Wood Pellet options

Postby JBBQ » 15 Jun 2015, 09:12

like he says; I have ordered mixtures, on the phone. I generally ring them now and see what's new as the site isn't updated as often (e.g. wifi controllers for retrofit!)
JBBQ
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Return to Anything Butt