Which Gazebo?

The place to hang out and chat about anything and everything that doesn't fall under our other categories.

Re: Which Gazebo?

Postby derekmiller » 27 Oct 2014, 12:08

Toby wrote:if you are looking for something that will last, check out HEX 40 or 50 constriction, this is the diameter of the tube. http://www.galatent.co.uk have a few and i have used them for years. They arent cheap but they do last well/

Just had a 4x3 Galatent delivered, put it up over the weekend, really impressed with the maufacture of it. This wont be going very far. Had two minor problems with it, have notified Galatent, will see what their response is.
Certainly on the expensive side, but well worth it. Hoping the missus will let me have another one!!!!!

Edited at 17:33 to add:
Well one side panel had the Velcro for the pole trapped in an eylet. The end panel had a laceing rope not properly secured, one end had come loose. Neither problem stopped us from using it, but both panels are being replaced. Well done GalaTent , excellent after sales service.
derekmiller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Verminskti » 29 Oct 2014, 11:05

As a follow up I do like my gazebo but from May until October the £20 B&Q jobbie stayed up and outside. I had repaired one pole due to some very high winds in June with a stick I cut from a field maple and some sellotape. Even then I probably could have saved it from that damage with my later securing methods. I think it'd still been going strong if the MIL hadn't unsecured it. So for £20 a full season whilst my eurmax has had a couple of outings. Not sure whether or not to get another el cheapo for next summer now.
Verminskti
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Gav Iscon » 17 Jul 2015, 06:29

Bit late but another vote for Galatents. We've bought 2 6x4 (one to leave in France to ease transportation) and having been through many gazebo's/pop-ups etc, the gala tent ones have been fantastic. We even bought a side extension to move the camping kitchen into. I also installed one of their top of the range pop-ups for a charity stand and its also excellent but wasn't cheap (although it was branded with the charity). Aftersales has been great with us and you can buy spares for them.
Gav Iscon
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby J0hn78 » 22 Jul 2015, 14:38

I've got Eurmax and Galatent. Both are as good as each other, the Galatent is slightly easoer to put up but costs a little more.
J0hn78
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Previous

Return to Anything Butt