Beef Short Ribs – keeping it simple.

Beef Short Ribs – keeping it simple.

Postby SaySausages.com » 24 Jun 2013, 12:00

Everyone had a fantastic time when Harry Soo came over from the states to run back to back 101 barbecue classes. My job was hovering in the back ground assisting with the 14 or so items that were prepared for the class. As it was father’s day over the weekend I decided to cook one of my favourites, beef short ribs! Now with beef I like to keep it simple, I cant think of anything worse than covering a piece of good quality beef with over powering barbecue rub. Using a good slather of French’s mustard and a good covering of salt, pepper and a little garlic powder I think the results speak for themselves! My 8 year old thought she should arrange the beef ribs into something more appropriate for the weekend and hence the “Bouquet of Bones” was born! Image
SaySausages.com

Re: Beef Short Ribs – keeping it simple.

Postby keith157 » 24 Jun 2013, 13:54

You both did a great job, one culinarily(?) one artistically. Best tasting beef I've had in many a year. (Don't tell Harry but I thought the ribs were even nicer than the Tri-Tip)
keith157

Postby Mj2k » 24 Jun 2013, 14:24

Presentation by your daughter puts me to shame! Great skills, both of you!
Mj2k
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby tommo666 » 24 Jun 2013, 15:21

Yep, loved the beef ribs and the tritip. Now need to convice the family to start eating beef again so i'm not cooking it just for me.
tommo666
Twisted Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

Return to Barbecue Blog