Competition Fuel

All the latest from barbecue organisations/ organisers and manufactures in the UK, if anything has been missed fell free to chip in!

Re: Competition Fuel

Postby ticktick » 06 May 2011, 06:09

I wonder if there will be a new act of parliament. Drunk in charge of a jambo :lol:
ticktick
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby All Weather Griller » 06 May 2011, 07:35

That comes under Section 5(a), The Public Order Act, but is superseded by the 1st of the BBQ commandments. Thou shalt not Q without a beer!
All Weather Griller

Postby Neil » 11 May 2011, 06:57

that's why he has kids so he can bark orders at them while drinking and polishing....chain of command is excellent
Neil
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby bingo1912 » 13 May 2011, 13:25

I'm new here, from the USA actually, so I have to ask.
What are "Heat Beads"?
Personally I like cherry "Mojo Bricks" for a heat/smoke source. I've never heard of heat beads
Just sayin,,,,
I'm new. :oops:
bingo1912
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Postby adm » 23 May 2011, 17:01

Does this mean that to enter BBBQS competitions, one HAS to cook with HeatBeads?

Personally, I detest all briquettes with a passion and would feel that my food wasn't as good as I could make it if I entered a compo and had to use fuel with binders and additives in it....

So is it mandatory - or just that if you use the Heatbeads at a comp you get them for free as they are sponsors ? Seems a bit perverse otherwise....
adm
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby British BBQ Society » 23 May 2011, 17:06

adm wrote:Does this mean that to enter BBBQS competitions, one HAS to cook with HeatBeads?

Personally, I detest all briquettes with a passion and would feel that my food wasn't as good as I could make it if I entered a compo and had to use fuel with binders and additives in it....

So is it mandatory - or just that if you use the Heatbeads at a comp you get them for free as they are sponsors ? Seems a bit perverse otherwise....

not at all, we find sponsors to help fund competition costs as you will see in other threads, Heat Beads kindly sponsored the charcoal and therefore competitors are given 2 x 7kg bags should they wish to use them.
British BBQ Society
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby adm » 23 May 2011, 17:32

Phew.....thanks for clearing that up - I was worried there for a while.

I just found this Mecca of UK 'Q yesterday and suddenly thought it had been infiltrated by briquette-huggers.

In all fairness to Heat-Beads, they are probably the best briquettes out there and some people I know swear by them. Good on them for offering freebies to those that like them.
adm
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby British BBQ Society » 23 May 2011, 20:11

adm wrote:Phew.....thanks for clearing that up - I was worried there for a while.

I just found this Mecca of UK 'Q yesterday and suddenly thought it had been infiltrated by briquette-huggers.

In all fairness to Heat-Beads, they are probably the best briquettes out there and some people I know swear by them. Good on them for offering freebies to those that like them.

Sounds great, by your comments i assume you are looking to compete at some point in the future?
British BBQ Society
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby adm » 23 May 2011, 20:15

British BBQ Society wrote:
adm wrote:Phew.....thanks for clearing that up - I was worried there for a while.

Sounds great, by your comments i assume you are looking to compete at some point in the future?

I'd love to.....here's hoping I can get a team together for next year. By "team" I mean it might just be me, my mate, a couple of WSMs, a keg of home brewed beer and a couple of scruffy lurchers.

I'm really jazzed up to find out there are plenty of people in the UK that love good 'Q. What's even better is that I live 3 miles away from Rudgwick so I'm going to be sniffing around now I've found out that the National Championships are there in August! I didn't even know there were any Q compos in the the UK.
adm
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby clairbare » 24 May 2011, 12:08

I didn't even know there were any Q compos in the the UK.

Welcome to our new world :D We never realised there were any too until last September - beforehand bbq to us meant lighter fuel, sausages, burgers and beer - pretty much the only thing we have kept from that is the beer :lol: now we prefer low and slow (although we still like to occassional grilling)

Welcome to the forum
clairbare
Twisted Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

PreviousNext

Return to Barbecue News