Barbecue Cookoff TV Show

All the latest from barbecue organisations/ organisers and manufactures in the UK, if anything has been missed fell free to chip in!

Re: Barbecue Cookoff TV Show

Postby wade » 04 Aug 2015, 11:48

aris wrote:CyderPig has 'previous' - he was on Dine With Me (and served pulled pork).

I didn't see that one. How did he get on?
wade
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Kiska95 » 04 Aug 2015, 16:27

Probably did better on that show as he had more time!

But come on guys a couple of adaptations from Jamie's 30 min meals would have done the trick :D and been more of a show!

A "caveman" tomahawk steak would have worked in short time and Salmon only takes 12 minutes so you could have done a 30 min marinade had a cup of tea, fag and still produced a good meal with time to spare to get to make up!!

I agree about the butchering but how was all of the gear already there for "sausage making" quel suprise? so it makes you wonder if these things weren't already known eh?????? It wasnt as if the producers dropped them in blind they must have know the format and times before they started filming.

I hope its not going to be like a predictable Rocky film where he gets battered to death in the first 7 rounds and then wins the last with a knockout. I wonder who is in the final???????? :D
Kiska95
Twisted Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

Postby Kiska95 » 04 Aug 2015, 16:44

He won it!!! Top Marks!!!
Kiska95
Twisted Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

Postby Tiny » 04 Aug 2015, 18:55

Chaps, in the gender inclusive sense, this is prime time television and the producers have copied other tried and tested forums. Take the great british bake off, I wouldn't cross the street to wee in paul hollywoods pocket if his love spuds are on fire, it is dreadful but ratings tastic

Thus the format has to be in a similar style, we have a lad from Brixton being stereotyped as an gansta grilla, frankly they portrayed Emma in an dreadful light and them in the know know she is the genuine article BBQ wise.

Its all telly and edited to that effect, so I think mild disappointment at the production company will do for now.

AS there ar fewer contestants then there may be more interesting conversations and I am sure that this will increase our interest levels.

But let us put it all into context, like many men folk I have an unrealistic belief in my own abilities. One of our lads won bronze at the world diving championships......I sat and declared "reckon I could do better" my family reminded me that I am a 25 stone blind man in my late forties and they were prepared to bet folding money that I could not do better......I feel this may be a similar case to those spluttering carling "best 8 in the country!??? I could do better with a bag of hornets tied around my head, my genitals exposed and covered in marmite and the back garden full of honey badgers" I would suggest you probably cannot.....

Go Emma Go Cider Pig! and I remove my chapeau in salute that you have not responded to some of the largesse posted on face book with words unsuitable from the bible and inviting people to see you next Tuesday or Thursday, I am sure you have signed non speaking up while the series is on but I might have had a "now look here penisauras flaccidicus....."

Much love Tinyx
Tiny
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby wade » 04 Aug 2015, 20:18

Not sure exactly what it was you meant Tiny but it sure sounded impressive :D
wade
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby aris » 04 Aug 2015, 20:59

wade wrote:
aris wrote:CyderPig has 'previous' - he was on Dine With Me (and served pulled pork).

I didn't see that one. How did he get on?

It was a few years ago - I don't think he won.
aris
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby fleagle » 05 Aug 2015, 05:17

Gave up after the fist show couldn't be doing with the shouty presenters change of camera angles every 3 seconds. Plus was expecting more from the food as well as a bit more insight into cooking, equipment etc.

Reading this thread and with the comments that some of the people on the show are serious BBQers I felt it didn't come across as that more of home cooking amateurs who use a BBQ pack from Asda. The comments from people ooh never cooked this and never cooked that really, what did they expect.
fleagle
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby aris » 05 Aug 2015, 06:43

You might be able to find CyderPig's episode online - just google for 'Simon Dyer come dine with me'.
aris
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby Kiska95 » 05 Aug 2015, 07:48

I actually like GBBO :D now you can't be knocking Mary berry's and hollywoods Creds can't you Tiny? Seriously? They have proved themselves on live TV many times!
But on GBBO they did give them 5 hrs to cook certain dishes so why not on here? It's the same format over a couple of days or did they shove it all into one?
But regardless of the format why would you try something new? What happened to KISS? These guys past creds maybe impeccable but unfortunately they didn't do themselves many favours. Cameras and results don't lie
I just witnessed a couple of guys at the weekend ( 2015 SMF annual do) knock up some great food in less than an hour on a basic Q that would have won any of them first place against any of these. Now that's not assumption about my skills that's witnessing others. And yeah your talking about planked salmon, stuffed peppers, chicken and Texas hot gut links similar stuff just executed better. Check them out on SMF....... Wade , smokey monkey and Smokewood. Well done guys good to watch :D
Kiska95
Twisted Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

Postby derekmiller » 05 Aug 2015, 09:08

Nicely said Tiny. (as usual).
derekmiller
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Barbecue News