Barbecue Cookoff TV Show

All the latest from barbecue organisations/ organisers and manufactures in the UK, if anything has been missed fell free to chip in!

Re: Barbecue Cookoff TV Show

Postby wade » 17 Aug 2015, 12:47

The third episode has now been aired and in general I must confess that I enjoyed it - well most of it anyway. Desserts are always fun to cook on the BBQ but I am surprised that they all made a bit of a pigs ear or it. I was a little surprised when they said that they had 5 hours to do the main cook and then a lot of time was then spent making the rubs etc. It then became clear that the 5 hours were available as cooking time and did not include the preparation time. From the end result the right group won the challenge but it did not look as if they were going to during the smoke.
The Grill Off seemed to be a bit of a fix though. Emma appeared not to have got any of her meats cooked as they requested but still she was put through. It was almost as if the judges had decided who was going to go through before the challenge had begun. Maybe it was just the editing that made it look that way.
wade
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Kiska95 » 29 Aug 2015, 11:59

There you go its all over now so you can all come back out ;)

I would have gladly paid to eat any of the meals in the first 2 rounds I think all 4 contestants did very well, best yet!

The cook off finalists were as predicted weeks ago but Simon was the better of the two in the cook off and so a rightful winner, Well done Simon :D.

But was Simon the best and most consistent in the whole show, IMO Nah!
Kiska95
Twisted Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

Postby Tiny » 29 Aug 2015, 16:02

Well it was a strange show wrt Barbecue as most of us know it, but the stuff they turned out off of BBQs was incredible.

Absolutely delighted to see Cider Pig scoop the prize, he comes across as a bloody decent bloke and I shall raise a glass of his nourishing cider in congratulations tonight.

At just 5 shows it was all a bit short, I hope they look at the format next year and go for more of an Masterchef style heat and finals and that they are given much more time to slo it down, but I will watch next year for definite,
Cheers
Tiny
Tiny
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby Mj2k » 29 Aug 2015, 16:48

I don't have any of his cider, yet!!

Great result, well done both for getting to the final and doing us proud.

Agree Tiny, maybe more low & slow next year.

Matt

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Mj2k
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Kiska95 » 31 Aug 2015, 10:10

Ingredients were "incredible" Execution not so much!
Kiska95
Twisted Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

Postby OUTBACKMAN » 01 Sep 2015, 16:01

Well done to the winner of the BBQ s series.But the program was PURE crap like I have said before on here.
The Yank was a pain in the btm Miss ex Here Say ex BBC was pointless her being in the show . The BBC would have made the show 100 % better.
OUTBACKMAN
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Tiny » 02 Sep 2015, 06:10

Jez
I like the idea of this but could I add in an extra round?

"real" BBQ where each contestant goes head to head asserting how there BBQ is more proper and real than there opponents citing kit, time, types of charcoal and or wood and the rarity of their unicorn brisket sourced from elves....

Cheers Tiny
Tiny
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby jez2775 » 02 Sep 2015, 12:24

Tiny, I'm all in favour of additional rounds, however I find your suggestion a little odd.

Surely everyone knows that the only way to produce proper barbecue is from an offset barbecue, burning purely oak? If we go along with your idea then someone might assert something truly daft, such as proper barbecue is produced by cooking with wood pellets...utter madness! I am all in favour of unicorn brisket however, although I do feel we may run the risk of another horsemeat scandal
jez2775
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Tiny » 02 Sep 2015, 18:50

Offset and OAK???

Have you been on the ale???

Everyone knows its an anterior reverse flow diffusion cabinet with a mix of sapient pearwood and gopher wood from the Ark itself tsk.......
Tiny
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby jez2775 » 03 Sep 2015, 11:06

Unfortunately ale supplies are running low, as my wife seems to think that just having had a baby is a reasonable excuse for not restocking my beer fridge.
jez2775
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

PreviousNext

Return to Barbecue News