Wonder Bra Kebabs

From a humble Hot Wing to a full Christmas Turkey, BBQ applies to all. Post here if you have any good recipes.

Wonder Bra Kebabs

Postby Steve » 18 Apr 2011, 21:16

Chicken breast wrapped in bacon kebabs, maybe I have a one track mind, when someone starts talking about wrapping breasts up, that billboard from the nineties springs to mind :lol:

Anyway, these are dead simple, just prep them, then chuck them on a grill.

Step 1: Chop up some chicken breast into kebab size chunks. Marinade your chicken in a piri-piri marinade. I personally buy bottles of Nando's sauce, dilute with a little water and fresh lime juice, then add some olive oil and salt.

Step 2: After marinading, wrap each chunk of breast in bacon then pack tightly on a skewer. However be sure to leave some space on the skewer at the end as you'll need that space later. Sprinkle the kebabs with a rub of your choice, Cookshack spicy chicken works well.

Step 3: Chuck them on the grill. Start off cooking until the shape has set. I.e. cook on both sides but you're not aiming to finish them off. You can baste with a little more piri-piri (diluted and mixed with honey ;) ) if you like. Once the shape has set, separate the wrapped chunks so there's a little clearance between each piece on the skewer. This ensures the bacon between each chunk crisps up and is why you need that extra space the skewer.

Step4: Continue to cook until the chicken reaches 165F internal.

Step 5: Tuck in :D
Steve
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Wonder Bra Kebabs

Postby Vic. » 18 Apr 2011, 22:08

sorry Steve, but I've just got thoughts of plumb breasts in Wonderbra's after that......all the cooking stuff really didn't register ;)...sorry
Vic.
Twisted Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

Postby MrBlue » 19 Apr 2011, 07:50

Steve wrote: Cookshack spicy chicken works well. :D

where can we buy this rub Steve?
MrBlue
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby MrBlue » 19 Apr 2011, 08:44

But dont you get clobbered by those lovely HM Revenue and customs on import duties :?: :evil:
MrBlue
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Steve » 19 Apr 2011, 12:21

Import duties only apply over a cetain value, unfortunately even with orders less than the threshold, the shipping costs make things expensive. I'm afraid there's no way to make shipping rubs in from the States cheaply. :(

the best thing to do is talk with suppliers about flat rate boxes and see what they can cram in one.
Steve
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MrBlue » 19 Apr 2011, 13:23

are there really NO outlets for these pre made US rubs in the UK? :(
MrBlue
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Steve » 19 Apr 2011, 14:04

I've used Spicewine before now. Jay's a great bloke and will cram everything he can into a flat rate box for you if you're looking at smaller quantities.

I also use the Kansas City BBQ Store sometimes and I know the guys over at Smoking Guns and The Slabs so I can supply you with some of these rubs if you want. These rubs are some of the best around. I don't know what I have in at the moment, but will be placing an order with both some time later in the year. I vac pack and freeze my rubs as soon as I get them so they keep very well.

Lee, Clair has my number, give me a call and I'll check what I've got, should be able to sort you out with some good rubs to try out.
Steve
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Vic. » 19 Apr 2011, 18:28

Vic.
Twisted Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

Postby Steve » 19 Apr 2011, 18:31

Love it...
Steve