You might want to use gloves for this

From a humble Hot Wing to a full Christmas Turkey, BBQ applies to all. Post here if you have any good recipes.

You might want to use gloves for this

Postby keith157 » 09 Aug 2012, 07:58

I buy a few of my dried herbs & spices from the Range, not as cheap as Asian grocers but far cheaper then supermarkets. So what the heck, let's try their BBQ seasoning it can't be that bad...................................famous last words. We used it on some chicken wings last night, and despite having garlic and salt in the mix we found it quite tasteless. The worst is yet to come :cry: , the amount of Turmeric in had has made Annette and I look like we've been smoking 60 full strength Capstan ciggies for about 60 years :shock: :shock: :shock: :evil: . You know the delightful feeling of chicken juices covering your hands all ready to lick off and enjoy? Well we didn't. Our fingers and nail beds are almost flourescent yellow.
There is a funny side to this, I'm sure there is a funny side to this, IF there is a funny side to this we will look back and larf and larf and larf. Now all we need to do is get it out of the towels we used to dry our thrice washed hands. ;) I keep looking at the botle of bleach and wondering if that's a move too far or not.
keith157

Re: You might want to use gloves for this

Postby Tiny » 09 Aug 2012, 13:50

Turmeric???
You hope so mon ami......my money is on a nice sunset yellow or tartrazine.....Did you have an urge to run maniacially around the garden after :)

Cheers
Tiny
Tiny
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby keith157 » 09 Aug 2012, 15:07

No just an urge to dump large quantities in their coffee maker :evil:

No E120's for me, sunset yellow is a paint colour in our house :D
keith157

Postby London Irish » 09 Aug 2012, 15:33

Not that you'll make this mistake again, but just in case you have one too many Jeremiah Weeds and get all forgetful :shock: ....warm vegetable oil will do the job :)
London Irish
Twisted Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

Postby keith157 » 09 Aug 2012, 16:03

As a barrier yes, but will it get the "nicotine stains out" :?: :D . We won't be repating it, it's scheduled for the next rufuse collection on Monday.
keith157

Postby London Irish » 09 Aug 2012, 16:43

Turmeric is 2000 times (or something silly like that) more soluble in oil than it is in water. Worked for me in the past :)
London Irish
Twisted Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

Postby keith157 » 10 Aug 2012, 06:09

Thanks I'll see if it will get the last few stains out :lol:
keith157

Return to Poultry