Found 'Cured Salt Beef Brisket' in Costco today

Good old British Beef, you can't beat it! Of course Brisket is the American BBQ favorite but recipes for any cut are welcome here.

Re: Found 'Cured Salt Beef Brisket' in Costco today

Postby keith157 » 19 Jul 2012, 08:11

When I enquired at Bookers they wanted VAT or Charity registration details :cry:. Bearing in mind Costco's attitude at Grillstock and you would like to use their produce at competitions they may still be open to newcomers.
keith157

Postby Big_Fat_Dan » 19 Jul 2012, 08:14

keith157 wrote:When I enquired at Bookers they wanted VAT or Charity registration details :cry:. Bearing in mind Costco's attitude at Grillstock and you would like to use their produce at competitions they may still be open to newcomers.

I just emailed them Keith, saying about Grillstock and buy meat and bbq fuel, i will let you know the outcome.
Big_Fat_Dan
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby biggus_richus » 19 Jul 2012, 08:16

Big_Fat_Dan wrote: i was like a kid in a candy store

If only my local CostCo sold decent charcoal, rather than the petrol-soaked instant light muck...
biggus_richus
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby aris » 19 Jul 2012, 09:48

biggus_richus wrote:
Big_Fat_Dan wrote: i was like a kid in a candy store

If only my local CostCo sold decent charcoal, rather than the petrol-soaked instant light muck...

Booker sell large bags of restaurant grade lumpwood charcoal.
aris
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby aris » 19 Jul 2012, 09:49

keith157 wrote:When I enquired at Bookers they wanted VAT or Charity registration details :cry:. Bearing in mind Costco's attitude at Grillstock and you would like to use their produce at competitions they may still be open to newcomers.

Just tell them you are not vat registered and a sole trader, or self employed. Not all businesses are vat registered - I certainly didn't need these details.
aris
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby Big_Fat_Dan » 19 Jul 2012, 10:04

This is what costco came back with.

Good Morning

Costco is not open to the general public are you asking about individual membership? If you are you would not be eligible I'm afraid but the company could take out a trade membership..

Further to your e-mail, we are pleased to provide the following information:-

Two types of Membership - TRADE and INDIVIDUAL.

Trade Membership - From the Owner or Manager of the business, we require a Business Utility Bill or Bank Statement plus two different forms of business identification - including either VAT Certificate, Accountant's Letter, Business Cheque, Business Invoice or Business Insurance or Tax Document. The annual cost is £20 plus VAT for the primary inc. free Spouse Card. The six additional cards cost £12 plus VAT each . If the business is run from the home address or you are self employed, a home utility bill is fine.

Individual Membership - Valid to certain employment groups - details listed below. You will need to provide your latest payslip or professional qualification plus a current home utility bill or bank statement. The annual cost is £25 plus VAT inc. free Spouse Card. An additional card can be purchased at a cost of £12 plus VAT, but must be someone aged over 18 residing at the same address. Proof of residence required.

If you think you may be an employee of a UK or US Gold Card Company, you can call Central Membership to check on 01923 830477. This number is operated 8.30am til 5.30pm Monday to Friday. You can join either in writing or in person at the warehouse. Photographs can be done on the Cardholder's first visit to the warehouse once they receive their cards.

Individual Membership is available to the following:-

Current or Retired Employee of:-
Banking/Finance/Insurance
Civil Service/Armed Forces
Education
Fire/Rescue
Local Government
Medical/Health Service
Police Force
Post Office
Airlines

Qualified as:-
Chartered Architect
Chartered/Civil Engineer
Chartered Surveyor
Dentist
Optician
Pharmacist
Qualified/Certified/Chartered Accountant
Solicitor
Barrister
Magistrate
Advocate

Current or retired employee of USA or UK Gold Card Company - Please contact either Central Membership or your local warehouse to confirm whether the company you work for is a registered Gold Card Company. Retired employees must provide a current pension statement and home utility bill as proof of eligibility.

The membership card can only be used by the individual person named on the card. All additional cardholders will expire at the same time as the Primary cardholder.
Big_Fat_Dan
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby aris » 19 Jul 2012, 10:14

I suspect I got in on the 'gold card' criteria. Basically companies register with Costco and then their employees can join.

Might be worth investigating.
aris
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby keith157 » 19 Jul 2012, 11:53

I take it Dan you don't fit into those catagories?
keith157

Postby Davy » 19 Jul 2012, 12:05

Guys I have a booker around the corner from me, I have applied for membership online and got an email containing the following "bring two of either a utility bill, business invoice, business insurance or bank statement for which contains your address" so I brought 2 utility bills and they said I have to be a business :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: . I have business cards already and a letter head is easy to make up, so any advice on how I can get into this elusive club.
Davy
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby aris » 19 Jul 2012, 12:29

Davy wrote:Guys I have a booker around the corner from me, I have applied for membership online and got an email containing the following "bring two of either a utility bill, business invoice, business insurance or bank statement for which contains your address" so I brought 2 utility bills and they said I have to be a business :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: . I have business cards already and a letter head is easy to make up, so any advice on how I can get into this elusive club.

Just tell them you are a self employed sole proprietor. You do "outdoor catering" :-) Get your story straight - you do outdoor BBQ catering at various festivals. May well be partly true :lol: :lol: Which festivals? IBQN festivals, Grillstock, etc etc.

Company name 'Davy's outdoor eats'

Take the utility bills and a bank statement. Business card doesn't hurt either.

It worked for me - but that was several years ago. Apparently I run a B&B :-)
aris
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

PreviousNext

Return to Beef