Spit Roast Leg of piggy

Selection of Pork Recipes

Spit Roast Leg of piggy

Postby keith157 » 27 Feb 2012, 11:11

Apologies, can't get the pictures loaded properly, but this link will take you to them:-
http://s155.photobucket.com/albums/s303 ... st%20Pork/

For reference the board is 16"x11" aqnd the joint weighs 15Lb. When I spoke to Weber they said there was no max weight limit provided the spit was balanced, which it was.
The joint dried out a little bit more than I'd hoped but that was due to me not heating the grill to melting point.
The Rotisserie is the Weber desgined for the OTP (57Cm) the grill is the Outdoorchef Ascona, also 57Cm.
Basically my butcher asked if I wanted an English leg of Pork for £18:00 :o I mean you can't say no can you :D
keith157

Re: Spit Roast Leg of piggy

Postby Minesamojito » 27 Feb 2012, 18:44

That looks great, such a bargain too.
The meat looks very tasty. Good job on your spit.
I often inject mine with peach juice the night before, gives it an awesome extra layer of flavour.
Cheers
Marcus
Minesamojito
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Steve » 27 Feb 2012, 18:47

Looking very good there Keith. Nothing beats a good spit roast eh, oops sorry wrong forum :lol:

Impressed that the Weber spit did the job on something that big, don't suppose you know the motor specs do you?
Steve
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby keith157 » 27 Feb 2012, 19:08

I'll try and find my techy head and have a look for you. It doesn't sound that powerful but I'm told it's got a lot of chat.........sorry talk........ooopppss torque :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
When I asked the Weber people they were insistant that if it's balanced it will work okay. It comes with with a counterbalance weight, which I've never had to use.

Be back with whatever techy specifications I can for you.
keith157

Postby keith157 » 27 Feb 2012, 19:11

Minesamojito wrote:That looks great, such a bargain too.
The meat looks very tasty. Good job on your spit.
I often inject mine with peach juice the night before, gives it an awesome extra layer of flavour.
Cheers
Marcus

Nice idea yet again, maybe a nice reduced apple juice 8-) 8-) I'll have to check on Mr Butcher and buy a couple more (once we've gone through the 10 rolled pork shoulder joints in the freezer............I've been banned from buying anymore pork) It's not my fault if certain supermarkets have reduced prices :P
keith157

Return to Pork