Fresh start- new old skool

Please stop by and say hello when you first join. Let us know who you are, where you are and anything else you want to share.

Moderator: British BBQ Society

Fresh start- new old skool

Postby Lovinit » 19 May 2017, 22:43

Hey guys, jst introducing myself to the masses... as I look longingly out the window at the persistent rain... meanwhile the 32kg of briquettes I ordered and the bags of wood chunks (making most of free delivery) sit idle in the corner - mocking me for thinking summer was here!!

So I love to BBQ, since I was a young lad I couldn't help myself... whilst living with my parents.. any oppo to be out in the garden BBQing was taken up... amongst friends and family it was kinda my thing...then when I moved to a first floor flat-(no garden) as u can imagine opportunities were scarce! Bar a few events when I'd muscle my way in front of the Fire for christinings or parties etc!!

But now I've moved to Hitchin and I have a garden - whoop whoop! N it's a good hosting size too!

So i thought I'd invest early in the season in a 57"smokey Mountain (WSM) - smoking meat is something I've always wanted to do... watching Man vs Food in envy and all the other great BBQ shows made me itch for a chance at it.. so I've taken up mantle now I have the space and giving it a go..

So far I' have smoked 2 pork shoulders in a delicious rub for 8/9 hours for our house warming and the next weekend I attempted a smoked beer can chicken-

So far they've turned out decent- but def need to learn a lot but happy with the results so far... I'm gonna attempt a brisket this weekend if the rain clears up...

Your move weather... your move....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lovinit
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Return to Introduce Yourself