Everything begins somewhere

Please stop by and say hello when you first join. Let us know who you are, where you are and anything else you want to share.

Moderator: British BBQ Society

Everything begins somewhere

Postby McSmokin » 13 Apr 2017, 18:38

Evening all!

Been reading through threads these last couple days, thought I'd join.

Totally new to smoking! Tried smoking a 4lb brisket on a Gas Grill last weekend. Total fail! Decided it was about time I got me a smoker. Was reading many reviews till about 1am the other night, then but the bullet & ordered a ProQ Frontier Elite. The buggers are out of stock everywhere though. Still, my order's in and although it hasn't been delivered in time for the Easter shenanigans, I'll be up and smoking soon!

Looking forward to a summer of low & slow sipping beers in the sun!
McSmokin
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Re: Everything begins somewhere

Postby Tiny » 15 Apr 2017, 15:24

Welcome chum, brisket is a bastard, would go with pork shoulders to start more forgiving whilst you learn your kit,
Go well Tiny
Tiny
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby McSmokin » 22 Apr 2017, 07:01

Thanks, Tiny. Still waiting on delivery of my Pro Q Frontier. Seems everyone is out of stock. Driving me mad... just want to get on and cook some meat!
McSmokin
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Postby Tiny » 22 Apr 2017, 08:51

Frustrating indeed, but if you have a fan oven or slow cooker you can play with rubs and sauces and enjoy tasty pulled pork whilst waiting for the beast to appear. Its not quite the same but is still bloody good and my experience is if you hand someone a bap full of tasty pulled pork, BBQ sauce and a crunchy coleslaw few hand it back if it hasn't been cooked on the Q :)

Good Luck Tiny
Tiny
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Return to Introduce Yourself