Reformed ex-gasser from Hemel Hempstead.

Please stop by and say hello when you first join. Let us know who you are, where you are and anything else you want to share.

Moderator: British BBQ Society

Reformed ex-gasser from Hemel Hempstead.

Postby twelvebears » 03 May 2011, 07:45

OK, I admit it, I used to own a gas 'barbecue'.

Obviously I wasn't thinking straight and was mislead but the nonsense about 'ease of use' and 'convenience', neither or which were true. In fact I quickly discovered that the hideous thing I bought from Homebase was in fact:

1. Messy and difficult to clean

2. Badly made and looked like it had been to hell and back within 18 months even though carefully used, cleaned and stored.

3. Provided no satisfaction whatsoever.

This weekend I took the aforementioned disaster to the dump and purchased a Weber One-Touch Premium and on the very first use discovered what I had been missing. It looks great, works great, the food tastes fab and because the fat get's incinerated on the coals, requires almost NO cleaning. Brilliant!

Oh and the chimney starter is quite possibly the coolest, most useful gadget I have ever used.

Anyway, I'm now looking forward to a long and happy relationship with my new Weber and will probably be asking lots of stupid questions.

All the best

Steve
twelvebears
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Re: Reformed ex-gasser from Hemel Hempstead.

Postby All Weather Griller » 03 May 2011, 08:00

Excellent News Steve,

There are a number of us on here that are advocates of the weber kettle and I'm sure you won't be short of advice.

My first one would be, if you don't already know about the different fire configurations; Single zone direct, 2 zone indirect, 3 zone indirect, ring of fire etc then get familiar with them and get some wing mirrors because that is the only way you will be looking back!

Cheers

Adie
All Weather Griller

Return to Introduce Yourself