Hello, better late than never.

Please stop by and say hello when you first join. Let us know who you are, where you are and anything else you want to share.

Moderator: British BBQ Society

Hello, better late than never.

Postby TheLurker » 06 Mar 2011, 21:50

Hi all,

I joined this forum ages ago after returning from my first ever trip to America and sampling American BBQ. At the time I joined I think the forum was quite new and there wasn't much on here so I didn't really visit much.

Anyhow on my trip I got to try some American BBQ and I was completely bowled over by it. As soon as I got home i started looking into how to cook it. I bought a Pro Q and started trawling forums and websites, I'm now getting some pretty good results and have just upgraded to a 22.5" Weber Smokey Mountain after doing a fair bit of research.

It was actually during my research that I revisited this site, my god it's grown some. So I thought I should post and introduce myself. Hopefully I can get more involved with this forum now, learn some stuff and share my BBQ experiences too.

Jim.
TheLurker

Re: Hello, better late than never.

Postby Steve » 06 Mar 2011, 22:04

Hi Jim,

Welcome to the forum.

Your post intrigued me so I had a quick look to see when you joined the forum. No wonder it was quiet when you signed up, it was during the three or four days I spent setting up the forum just after I made it live. So in actual fact you are one of our oldest members :D

Glad to see you've come back to have another look, the forum has grown a lot in the last 18 months and we've now got one of the busiest BBQ communities in the UK going on here :) I hope you enjoy your time here and post often.

Cheers

Steve
Steve
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby garymac » 07 Mar 2011, 10:37

Welcome.

I have just ordered a WSM so any tips would be gladly received.

I have relatives in the states but on the 2 occassions that I have been there we didn't get to go to any BBQ joints :(
garymac

Postby Vic. » 07 Mar 2011, 13:33

Welcome Jim, looking forward to seeing some of your cooks with the weber :D
Vic.
Twisted Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

Postby LM600 » 07 Mar 2011, 20:38

Hi Jim,

Welcome...a good bunch of guys 'n' gals here!

Looking forward to your posts :)
LM600

Postby All Weather Griller » 07 Mar 2011, 20:52

Welcome to the forum, Lurker.

Looking forward to your posts, I've a 57cm WSM and I love it. Word of warning, the Weber lid thermometer isn't very accurate and it can't be calibrated. Typically they are about 50*f low. I would test it with something you have confidence in so you know the a variance.

Enjoy,

Adie
All Weather Griller

Postby clairbare » 08 Mar 2011, 09:50

Welcome Lurker :D

Great to see more people on here 8-)
clairbare
Twisted Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

Return to Introduce Yourself