Blazing Barbecues Cooking Team

Please stop by and say hello when you first join. Let us know who you are, where you are and anything else you want to share.

Moderator: British BBQ Society

Blazing Barbecues Cooking Team

Postby Blazing » 29 Oct 2009, 23:01

Hi there friends of Q,

I'm Andy,

I formed Blazing Barbecues in 2001 by total accident. I fell into grilling as a side shoot from a butchery buisness. I now enjoy the competition circuit as a spectator and competitor. I've made many friends across the world through BBQ.

I'm based in North Yorkshire, (and for those of you in the south - we have only just got electricity) I run a bbq catering business, we spend most of our summers running up and down the country catering for parties, and weddings etc.

I have already had the pleasure in meeting some of you, but can't wait to see more of you soon.
(you may have seen us as crispy critters during 2009)

www.blazingbarbecues.com
Blazing
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Re: Blazing Barbecues Cooking Team

Postby Steve » 29 Oct 2009, 23:09

Good to have you on board Andy, look forward to seeing you chaps again next summer.
Steve
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby All Weather Griller » 13 Jan 2010, 21:12

Hi mate,

Sorry for not posting sooner but it goes without saying. Great to see you here, looking forward to the events this year, may need to purchase some Sky Candles off you at some point.

Beerz

Adie
All Weather Griller

Postby THRILLIN GRILLIN » 16 Feb 2010, 21:08

aah I remember those sky candles they looked amazing, definately an impressive sight late in the evening.
THRILLIN GRILLIN
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby All Weather Griller » 16 Feb 2010, 21:11

yeah, you were gonna sort me a good price on some candles
All Weather Griller

Postby esselle » 23 Feb 2010, 20:54

Blazing wrote:Hi there friends of Q,

I'm Andy,

I formed Blazing Barbecues in 2001 by total accident. I fell into grilling as a side shoot from a butchery buisness. I now enjoy the competition circuit as a spectator and competitor. I've made many friends across the world through BBQ.

I'm based in North Yorkshire, (and for those of you in the south - we have only just got electricity) I run a bbq catering business, we spend most of our summers running up and down the country catering for parties, and weddings etc.

I have already had the pleasure in meeting some of you, but can't wait to see more of you soon.
(you may have seen us as crispy critters during 2009)

http://www.blazingbarbecues.com

That is a very impressive website. I have just bought a hog roast machine to run as a part time addition to my existing business, but I would love to offer the whole bbq catering service that you do, what you are doing is what I aspire to Hats off to you.
esselle
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby Blazing » 24 Feb 2010, 17:25

Cheers
Blazing
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby simon » 25 Feb 2010, 10:13

Hi Andy

Sounds like we have a lot in common, but my main income is from butchery and my pocket money from BBQing.

Love the website and those massive kettle BBQs, can you buy those here in the UK?

Tell me, when you do the pulled pork, do you cook the butts a day or two before then slowly bring them back to the right temperature at the venue?

I thought I was good(big heads run in our family), but it looks like I have a fair way to go to catch up with you.

Simon
simon
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Postby Blazing » 25 Feb 2010, 16:32

Hello Simon,

The kettle bbq's you have seen in the picture are made by Weber. They can be bought through any Weber stockist, although they have gone up in price to £1500 this year.

We try and cook as much as we can fresh on the day of an event. But in some cases it is not viable to do this. If we are serving at lunchtime as an example - we would cook the pork butts the day before, chill down, take to the venue in the fridge van, add stock & wrap in foil & reheat - we don't reheat to slowly though - this can be dangerous. If were serving in the evening, then we arrive early - putt the meat on & its ready fresh for the evening.

Hope this helps a bit,

Keep those coals hot!

Andy
Blazing
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby simon » 25 Feb 2010, 17:53

Hi Andy

Thanks for the super quick reply, I do the same with the butts and they always seem to come out great. I going to take a look at those kettles.

Later

Simon
simon
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Next

Return to Introduce Yourself