Hello from Southampton

Please stop by and say hello when you first join. Let us know who you are, where you are and anything else you want to share.

Moderator: British BBQ Society

Hello from Southampton

Postby Soton » 14 May 2016, 06:55

Hi all

I am a big fan of smoking and BBQing and I live in Southampton
I am the proud owner of several smokers and a Webber kettle BBQ, I have a gourmet Brinkman smoker that got me started on smoking ribs and pulled pork about 15 years ago, it was after a holiday to Florida and I wanted to know why there ribs ect were so much better then anything in the UK, I found out that they didn't just BBQ but smoked there meats and haven't looked back since, I don't use the Brinkman anymore except to take the grill part away when we go canal boating.
I also have a Webber master touch charcoal grill, a 47cm WSM, a Brabley electric smoker and to celibate my new patio ( when it's laid in a few weeks time) I went mad and just got a Kamado Joe classic, (I do have a large gas grill but that has been a long time retired) I have used the Kamado a couple of times and I am amazed how tempture stable and economical it is on the charcoal
As you might imagine I get a bit of leg pulling about "how many bbq's do you need but that normally followed by ' when's my next invite" :D
I have plans to use all my kit over the coming months and can see the WSM and Kamado used in tandem
I guess if anyone has any questions about comparisons I might be able to help :idea:
I am looking forward to the summer and intend to keep an eye on this forum for tips and anything else BBQ

Happy grilling all
Soton
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Re: Hello from Southampton

Postby Out2lunch » 16 May 2016, 10:16

Hi there and welcome to the forums...

I have to say I'm slightly jealous at your collection of Smokers. Good so see another person on the South Coast waving the flag of smoking...
Out2lunch
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Re: Hello from Southampton

Postby essexsmoker » 17 May 2016, 10:56

Welcome aboard. Good to have someone with so many years of experience!
essexsmoker
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Return to Introduce Yourself