Hello from Milton Keynes

Please stop by and say hello when you first join. Let us know who you are, where you are and anything else you want to share.

Moderator: British BBQ Society

Hello from Milton Keynes

Postby LM600 » 16 Jan 2011, 17:15

Yep, that's right, I'm from the land of roundabouts and concrete cows!

I've had some pretty good successes with my Brinkmann Professional charcoal grill, although it's not the best for low 'n' slow it has turned out decent pulled pork, ribs, rotisserie chicken, smoked brats (homemade) and bacon explosions...but...now I also have an Excel 20 to play with :D

So, as soon as the weather dries up a bit I'm going to do some cold smoked cheeses and I quite fancy doing a pork leg roast, some home made bacon and a kind of chicken donner kebab in it.

The idea with the chicken is to flatten out skinless, boneless thighs and breasts then marinade in olive oil, lemon juice and homemade rub mixed into an emulsion overnight.
(Might also include some slices of pork fat, not sure yet)

Then somehow make a vertical spit with a flared base that can be hung from the inside of the lid, load this spit up with the chicken and then smoke away.

So, anyway, Hi! There seems to be a good mix of people on this board, I hope I can contribute to it's success!

LM600
LM600

Re: Hello from Milton Keynes

Postby All Weather Griller » 16 Jan 2011, 18:28

Welcome to the Forum, looking forward to some of your posts, it sounds like you like to tinker with different ideas, if so then you're in good company.

Beerz

Adie
All Weather Griller

Postby LM600 » 16 Jan 2011, 18:43

Thanks Adie :)

Have to say your trailer pit looks awesome...I wanted to build an overground brick pit with an oven at the end in my back garden (capacity, somewhere in the 3 whole pig range, albeit smallish pigs!) but SWMBO didn't like the sound of it....so it never happened! :roll:
LM600

Postby mcdodge » 16 Jan 2011, 19:23

Welcome, welcome!

Sounds like you have some interesting and exciting plans!
mcdodge
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby LM600 » 16 Jan 2011, 21:21

Thanks for the welcomes Guys!

@Dr...If I'd done that I would be IN the pit! ;)
LM600

Postby Steve » 16 Jan 2011, 23:10

Welcome to the forums
Steve
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Introduce Yourself