A Smuggler in the midst!

Please stop by and say hello when you first join. Let us know who you are, where you are and anything else you want to share.

Moderator: British BBQ Society

A Smuggler in the midst!

Postby weepete » 30 Apr 2016, 12:48

Hi all,

Thought I'd introduce myself seeing as I registered a long time ago with the intention of regular involment but never quite got there.

So, Hi! I'm Pete.

And confession time, I am a huge BBQ fan (and real BBQ not this gas nonsense though I expect you all are the same!).

Anyway, to your valid question, "what brings you to the forums pete?" It's simple. The sun started shining today and I've popped into the local for a quick pint.......after going to the local butcher's who have been very accomidating in the past. In my unassuming studenty/skateboardy backpak sits what I think the Americans call a "prime rib".

It was just sitting there in the display and my eyes went wide wiith the mouthwatering meaty goodness of the on the bone beef.

Now, I've done Pork.....like a full shoulder, (12-14kg) several times before, done Lamb legs, Chicken and small bits of beef but this looks like an absolute tasty treat.

So I thought I'd best pop in and say hi as I sit here in a pub full of football fans and I'm excited about the 3kg brisket (for chilli con carne) and ghat lump of rib in my bag....

So hi!
weepete
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Re: A Smuggler in the midst!

Postby BraaiMeesterWannabe » 01 May 2016, 08:41

weepete wrote:I am a huge BBQ fan (and real BBQ not this gas nonsense though I expect you all are the same!)......

So I thought I'd best pop in and say hi as I sit here in a pub full of football fans and I'm excited about the 3kg brisket (for chilli con carne) and ghat lump of rib in my bag

Hi Pete

A man after my own heart...gas is not a BBQ, it's an outdoor gas oven, and football, what is all the fuss about?!!
BraaiMeesterWannabe
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Return to Introduce Yourself