I'm Eddie from Ashford in Kent

Please stop by and say hello when you first join. Let us know who you are, where you are and anything else you want to share.

Moderator: British BBQ Society

I'm Eddie from Ashford in Kent

Postby Eddie » 08 Jan 2011, 21:55

A big hi ya to everone. This low and slow is all new to me, I've always had a interest in this method of cooking from my visits to America, but I did'nt know the competion scene existed over here. I've just purchased my first BBQ Smoker and cannot wait to fire it up. I've made up some dry rub and some lovely sauce, complements of Steven Rankins BBQ cook books and also got about 10 racks of ribs waiting to go on, but I havent got any Heat Beads charcoal to fire up. Could some one be so kind to forward me a UK web site or a suplier within Kent/London were I can purchase some.
Many Thanks Eddie
Eddie
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Re: I'm Eddie from Ashford in Kent

Postby All Weather Griller » 09 Jan 2011, 07:39

Hi Eddie,

Welcome to the forum. I dont think Heatbeads have any stock at the min unless that has changed. It's likely to be ring garden centres. I would send a PM to Toby on the forum, he lives just off the A3 but I think he has a few boxes that could probably purchased

Look forward to your posts.

Adie
All Weather Griller

Postby Eddie » 09 Jan 2011, 13:29

Many thanks all weather griller, just been to two local garden centres and no luck. I'll take your advice and try to contact Toby.
Eddie.
Eddie
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby mcdodge » 09 Jan 2011, 14:03

Welcome to BBBQS, Eddie!

I went through the same problems when I got my WSM a month or so ago - nowhere, not even garden centres, had any sort of BBQ fuel.

I resorted to buying 6 bags of lump charcoal online, which has proven to be good stuff so far.
mcdodge
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Swindon_Ed » 10 Jan 2011, 13:08

Hi Eddie,

A lot of people on here use cash & carry's to get fuel from.

But if you don't have acess to them, which i don't. I've found that my local Go Outdoors store have both ok lumpwood charcoal and also Weber briquetts which has kept me going over the winter months.

I can see there is one about 30 miles away from you so not sure if that's a bit far for you to go.
Swindon_Ed

Postby MadCow » 10 Jan 2011, 18:22

Try Bookers .... Rocester is probably the best, but there are also stores in Canterbury and Folkestone ... just ask Toby for details on BBBQS Membership card.
MadCow

Return to Introduce Yourself