Not as far as North America !!

Please stop by and say hello when you first join. Let us know who you are, where you are and anything else you want to share.

Moderator: British BBQ Society

Not as far as North America !!

Postby ped » 20 Nov 2010, 11:10

Hi there

Just thought I'd introduce myself,...a complete newbie to this BBQ lark,I live here in sunny Tunbridge Wells and have just purchased a new Pro Q Excel and am very much looking forward to my first burn!!. I have a cold smoked a chicken ready and waiting to go in, tell me, which wood do you think I should use? and should I just smoke it on the first shelf without any stackers? and and and ......

Look forward to asking lot's of questions aside from reading thru all the threads

Ped
ped
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Re: Not as far as North America !!

Postby ped » 20 Nov 2010, 12:14

Don't worry about the cold smoke, was done in a cold smoker at below 80% having been cured as well, what was your concern though DrSS
ped
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Re: Not as far as North America !!

Postby ped » 20 Nov 2010, 13:07

Not having even fired up the Pro Q I was assuming that if I got it to optimum temp of 200/250F I would cook for 3 to 4 hours. Don't you think it's a good idea to add any more smoke then?, and and bye the way bring em both :)

another Q, it has just occurred to me, should I put the chicken in once it is at optimum temp as presumably that will then knock the temp down because I have opened the top to put the chicken in?
ped
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Return to Introduce Yourself