Hello from Beautiful British Columbia Canada

Please stop by and say hello when you first join. Let us know who you are, where you are and anything else you want to share.

Moderator: British BBQ Society

Hello from Beautiful British Columbia Canada

Postby Shuswap BBQ » 14 Oct 2010, 15:03

Hello everyone,

Found this site from a friend of mine and it is interesting to see how things are across the pond. I have a small catering business here in the Shuswap lake area of BC. www.shuswapbbq.com Always looking for some new ideas etc. I am now cooking on a FEC 500 pellet smoker. I am also cooking for ourselves on 2 Green Mountain Grill pellet smokers. I also own a large wood bbq on a 16 ft trailer and 3 WSM's
Shuswap BBQ
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Re: Hello from Beautiful British Columbia Canada

Postby British BBQ Society » 14 Oct 2010, 18:38

One of my best childhood memories was a weeks holiday on the Shuswap lake!! A lumbering houseboat, but absolutely idilic!! I can picture it now!! Welcome to the forum! I have aquestion about the FEC500, can you cook a whole hog on it?
Toby
British BBQ Society
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby esselle » 15 Oct 2010, 12:49

Hi and welcome to the forum.
esselle
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby Shuswap BBQ » 15 Oct 2010, 23:49

Well i suppose what size they would be. I am thinking you could do up to 5 small weanling pigs on it but that would be about it or anyting larger you would have to split it
Shuswap BBQ
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Postby MadCow » 16 Oct 2010, 17:04

Beautiful British Columbia ... fantastic place, spent my honeymoon there years ago at the Top of the World Ranch ... You must be getting ready for Snow right about now ! Welcome to the Forum. :D
MadCow

Postby Steve » 16 Oct 2010, 19:46

I passed by Shuswap lake a couple of years back. My wife has family there who live right by the lake. Spent the night in Salmon Arm where if I remember right we got leathered at the brew pub there. Loved BC though, we travelled down from Alberta to Vancouver, an amazing country you have there.
Steve
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Introduce Yourself