Afternoon...

Please stop by and say hello when you first join. Let us know who you are, where you are and anything else you want to share.

Moderator: British BBQ Society

Afternoon...

Postby pad_h » 06 Sep 2010, 18:27

Hello folks,

I'm Patrick and have been living in Texas for 3 years, returning home to England in November. Over the last few years I've been spoilt for exceptional BBQ... Now I know I'm coming home I'm buying an offset smoker and hoping to re-create some of the magic back in sunny London... Very happy to find this website - how can I be a judge in one of these competions? Some fo the stuff looks amazing!!
pad_h
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Re: Afternoon...

Postby All Weather Griller » 06 Sep 2010, 19:51

Hi Patrick,

Welcome to the forum, I think you will probably be having long chats with John Hargate (BBBQS National Champion and Jack Daniels UK Candidate). He also cut his teeth in BBQ whilst staying over in Texas and I think you are likely to have lots to chew over.

In terms of Judging, Toby Shea is the president of the society and it may be worth dropping him a mail (toby@bbbqs.com). Our 2010 season in the UK has come to an end and we are eagerly awaiting the final BBBQS team comp at the Royal in Kansas City at the beginning of October and as mentioned above the UK National Champs mark the end of our international season at the JD Invitational at the end of October.

We have a UK head judge and there is some initial criteria that you may need meet, but personally I would have to say competing is much cooler than judging (No offence JW).

When are you due to land back in the UK?

Cheers

Adie
All Weather Griller

Postby joker smoker » 06 Sep 2010, 23:50

Welcome, I'm looking forward to cooking with you ....hope you bring some good ol' Texan fayre to the table...
joker smoker
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby MadCow » 07 Sep 2010, 12:49

All Weather Griller wrote:
We have a UK head judge and there is some initial criteria that you may need meet, but personally I would have to say competing is much cooler than judging (No offence JW).

Well maybe I should start competing then !!! :lol:
MadCow

Postby All Weather Griller » 07 Sep 2010, 14:17

Now there's a challenge, not so sure Toby would be pleased about you taking it up though LOL.
All Weather Griller

Postby stickthekettleon » 10 Sep 2010, 12:29

Well maybe I should start competing then !!!

Will that mean the judging standards drop? I've seen first hand how vicious you can get when you're rilled up. :lol:
stickthekettleon
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby MadCow » 10 Sep 2010, 12:38

Cheeky sod ... I'm a pussy cat and you know it !!! :twisted:
MadCow

Postby Steve » 10 Sep 2010, 13:47

I'm going to jump to the defence of our head judge here. When I picke dup my Traeger during the week, she kindly loaded the machine and 120lbs of pellets into my car because my back was in a bad way, how nice is that :)

I love standing by and watching a woman do physical work :twisted:
Steve
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Introduce Yourself