hi i'm ken

Please stop by and say hello when you first join. Let us know who you are, where you are and anything else you want to share.

Moderator: British BBQ Society

hi i'm ken

Postby kensands » 04 Aug 2010, 11:55

I do a pig roast once a year and thought I'd join up here to share and learn.

I noticed a thread on types of charcoal and questions over sawdust types, I've just ordered a batch of this for my pigroast, it'll hopfully last the 13-14 hours required as I'm cooking a 70-75 kilo pig.

this is the stuff I've ordered http://www.firewoodandlogs.co.uk/sawdus ... -p-77.html

in the past I've bought restarount grade lumpwood from cash and carry (comes in 11/12kg bags BIG lumps) which has been very good but saw this and thought I'd give it a go.

the roast is on the 4th sep, I'll report back on how it goes, oh and I'll pop up some pics of the roaster we made sometime, it's built to take anything upto a medium rhino!

If anyone has any tips for the best rubs, bastes, or ways of getting crackling just right please chip in.

Ken
kensands
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Re: hi i'm ken

Postby All Weather Griller » 04 Aug 2010, 13:41

Hi Ken,

Great to have you on the forum, I think I know which restaurant lump you mean. Is it the Blue bags from barbequick?

There are also a couple of Hog roasters on here so it may be an idea to what they are using.

Look forward to your posts.

All the best

Adie
All Weather Griller

Re: hi i'm ken

Postby ozza » 05 Aug 2010, 19:34

hmmmm yummy i love hog roast
ozza
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Return to Introduce Yourself