Hello to one and all

Please stop by and say hello when you first join. Let us know who you are, where you are and anything else you want to share.

Moderator: British BBQ Society

Hello to one and all

Postby Banjo » 26 Jul 2010, 11:35

Hi,
I'm an old smoker - started Q'ing before it ever became fashionable in the UK - caught the 'bug' from working in the Middle East with some friendly American guys. First time I cooked in the garden, the neighbour came out to see what was going on. He asked if our cooker had broke!

I built a few homemade efforts, which to be honest were not very good. About 8 years or so ago, I had a friend send me over a Brinkmann Smoke 'n Grill. I made a few minor mods to it and have used it ever since with varying sucess, though mostly positive.

Its good to see that the availability of Smokers and Pits is slowly increasing over here, though anyone who has been to the States will know that we are not even scratching the surface yet!

I've been away for three years, and was pleased to see that the old Brinkmann was still standing and not rusted through (in fact it was in remarkably good condition), so gave it a clean and fired her up on Sunday - did pork shoulder and a small brisket.

I'm hoping to learn a lot from here. I'm looking to 'upgrade' the old Brinkmann and need to know what people think of what's currently available on the Market - particularly for Q'ing on a smaller scale.

Well, thats enough blabb for now :)

Cheers!
Banjo
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Re: Hello to one and all

Postby ozza » 26 Jul 2010, 13:46

elo Banjo, good to see ya fella, have fun
ozza
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby esselle » 26 Jul 2010, 15:57

Hello Banjo and welcome to the forum.
Many of the regular posters on here including us seem to use pro q smokers for their needs.
esselle
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby Mike_P_in_Tucson » 26 Jul 2010, 16:16

Hey Banjo, good to meet you.

I have 2 offest smokers, but got a ProQ Excel20 just over a year ago. Now I use that one almost exclusively. A lot of folks also use the Weber Smokey Mountain (WSM)
Mike_P_in_Tucson

Postby Steve » 29 Jul 2010, 11:03

Not chirped in with this one in a while, but best thing on the market in the UK for the back yard at the moment is an old oil drum, a few bits of ironmongery and a weber grill AKA UDS!!!!!!! :lol:

Welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy your time here.
Steve
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Introduce Yourself