Hello all I'm Andy

Please stop by and say hello when you first join. Let us know who you are, where you are and anything else you want to share.

Moderator: British BBQ Society

Hello all I'm Andy

Postby bluediverboy » 18 Jul 2010, 09:39

Hi,

So like most people I've been through the sausage a la carbon and the "think that's a bit of chicken but cut it thro first".

I've also seen what can be done with bbq while working out in Austin, Texas at a competition for the company I work for. Along with that having really good bbq food at some of the places in the city such as
http://www.rudys.com/.

So with all that in mind I've ended up on a 1 day bbq course learning about how to do it properly (hopefully).

I'd also like some advice on small cost effective smokers (already have a gas grill & broil) so space is limited in the garden.

Thanks

Andy S
bluediverboy
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Re: Hello all I'm Andy

Postby ozza » 18 Jul 2010, 11:08

hi Andy, I found the webber smokey mountain at around £220 superb, easy to use and wont take up much space.

Ive never used the pro q frontier, might be a good cheaper option.

Ta
ozza
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby All Weather Griller » 18 Jul 2010, 12:07

Hi Andy,

Welcome to the forum, I too have WSM's and have also had an Excel E20, Frontier and an Amigo. To be honest the Amigo was rubbish but the others are all equally fantastic. Although I am Weber through to the core, the Excel has by far many more features that make both recreational and competition cooking so much easier.

Look forward to seeing some of your posts and I hope the course goes well.

Where are you based?

Good luck.

Adie
All Weather Griller

Postby Steve » 18 Jul 2010, 12:51

Hi Andy,

I currently run a Pro Q Frontier and 2 Excels.

If you don't need the massive amount of grill space then the Frontier is a great option. It's cheap to buy, economical on the charcoal and runs nice and steady with minimum effort. The Excel is also good but can be charcoal hungry even when not cooking so much on it.

The Webers are better quality units without doubt, but come with the extra on the price tag. You can't go wrong with any of these three machines though.
Steve
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby bluediverboy » 18 Jul 2010, 13:10

Thanks for the info so far, much appreciated.

For all weather griller I'm based in Derby not far(ish) away :D

Cheers - Andy S
bluediverboy
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Return to Introduce Yourself