Elo, my name is Owen!!!

Please stop by and say hello when you first join. Let us know who you are, where you are and anything else you want to share.

Moderator: British BBQ Society

Elo, my name is Owen!!!

Postby ozza » 12 Jul 2010, 16:50

Hey everyone, my name is Owen and im from Sudbury in Suffolk

I started getting into "real" BBQing just over a couple of years ago when I bought a baby Brinkmann smoker. Ive got to say whilst I loved the taste, using the thing was a pain in the a**e, all I wanted to do was make food my family and freinds were amazed at.

After giving it a good going over with a drill and making some modifications, the real world of slow and low cooking started making sense, and BBQ parties round my house were very different to the burnt sausages at other peoples!!

I moved onto a WSM which I love and have just ordered the excell 20 (im so excited im like a little kid), but the thing I enjoy the most is the creativity that comes with smoking food (I started cold smoking as well in the winter), I smoke food most weekends and have some stable favs (pulled pork, beer can chicken), would love to learn more so that's why im here

SO BE GENTLE (pls)

Owen
ozza
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Re: Elo, my name is Owen!!!

Postby All Weather Griller » 12 Jul 2010, 20:33

Hi Owen,

Your story is oh so familiar, you will find that in this forum there are many men with the desire to BBQ and not even lay their mits on a burger or a sausage and I'm sure you will appreciate it has probably already come at a price!!!

Already people are saying:

How can we invite YOU to a BBQ or
If you think your getting an invite to my next BBQ you can think again or even
since we came to your BBQ my wife reckons I can't cook...

Well back handed or otherwise they are all compliments and we'll invite you to our BBQ's any day. Your amongst good company here, our taste in music varies, but on the food front we are all one.

Get the camera out, fire up the baby and lets smoke some butts. (we love the photo's on here)

be it a WSM or E20 you'll be cranking up some awesome BBQ from here on in.

If you're not far off and have a tent come and meet many of us at the next comp, in between the drinking, comparing cook sizes (yes cook) and getting very little sleep we'll be doing some BBQ'ing.

Beerz

Adie
All Weather Griller

Postby Steve » 12 Jul 2010, 21:13

Welcome to the forum mate. Hope you get lots of enjoyment out of the site.
Steve
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ozza » 15 Jul 2010, 20:55

cheers for the warm welcome guys, excel just turned up so it's ribs on Saturday and a rib of beef Sunday, cant wait!!

gonna check out the compition stuff,sounds like fun
ozza
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby All Weather Griller » 15 Jul 2010, 21:29

Hi Owen,

Here is a useful post for your first few cooks.

http://www.bbbqs.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=320&hilit=clay

Cheers

Adie
All Weather Griller

Postby esselle » 16 Jul 2010, 13:13

Hi Owen and welcome to the forum. You will find everyone here friendly and helpful.
esselle
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby ozza » 16 Jul 2010, 21:43

cheers Aide, that's an interesting thread, never heard of it before
ozza
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Return to Introduce Yourself