Hi

Please stop by and say hello when you first join. Let us know who you are, where you are and anything else you want to share.

Moderator: British BBQ Society

Hi

Postby fordson12 » 02 May 2010, 08:43

Hi I'm stuart
Just joined found the site great for info been B/Q for say 20 years still love it, so many people use gas instead of charcoal what a waste on the flavour buds anyway each to there own.
fordson12
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Re: Hi

Postby All Weather Griller » 02 May 2010, 11:33

Hi Stuart,

Welcome to the forum, I think that more and more people that have gas are opting for both nowadays. I'm a solid fuel BBQ'er but having said that I had my first beer can chicken off a gas BBQ yesterday and I was pleasantly surprised.

My neighbour used one of the wood chip smoker boxes over direct heat and the chicken over the indirect. Although I doubt I be a gas convert I was surprised with the result.

What are you currently cooking with?

Looking forward to your posts, mate

All the best

Adie
All Weather Griller

Re: Hi

Postby fordson12 » 03 May 2010, 10:32

Hi Adie
Thanks for the reply, I use only charcoal Ihad a brickie to build me a spanish hood type of BBQ and its great when its raining the food is not getting wet and I can watch it from inside the kitchen with my wine, cosco of cause thanks for that ,its my 64 in june so i'm doing hot smoked trout on the smoker, a leg of salt march lamb, pork fillet, ribs, and black tiger prawns, plus my best T-bone steaks it for 20 friends and family,a great site is http://www.planetbarbecue.co.uk a great guy and he loves his BBQ.

Regards Stu
fordson12
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Return to Introduce Yourself