Hey everyone

Please stop by and say hello when you first join. Let us know who you are, where you are and anything else you want to share.

Moderator: British BBQ Society

Hey everyone

Postby allstars666 » 01 May 2010, 11:31

Hi BBBQS,

I have just purchased my very first smoker BBQ from bbbqs via ebay. I am looking forward to some 'intense' smoking this summer and look forward to sharing and learning with you all.

Great price BTW for the Proq Excel!!!!

To think I set my heart on a Landmann Tennessee Smoker this last week to learn that my order was being refunded as they were out of stock until June. I then checked ebay for other smokers and stumbled upon the Proq Excel, to then stumble upon this great site and forum to finally learn than there is more to bbq aesthetics and simplicity.In actual fact there seems to be a science. So i'd like to say thank you to you all for the various posts/threads that led me to the Proq excel and thank you for saving me a wasted £100 on the Landmann.

Allstars
(Viv Patel)
allstars666
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Re: Hey everyone

Postby Steve » 01 May 2010, 14:30

Glad to have you on board.

I'm sure you'll get lots of joy out of the E20. Any questions, just ask.
Steve
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby allstars666 » 01 May 2010, 16:59

Steve wrote:Glad to have you on board.

I'm sure you'll get lots of joy out of the E20. Any questions, just ask.

Thanks buddy!
allstars666
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Postby All Weather Griller » 01 May 2010, 19:40

Great to see you here, I'm sure you'll be having some fun on the ProQ in no time.

Some useful threads on here that may help you:

Quite often people ask about the temp probe. It's not unusual for it to be slightly out when you received it. The advantage of the ProQ Bi-Metal probe is that it is configurable. viewtopic.php?f=17&t=205&p=861&hilit=temps#p861

Another thing people sometime struggle with first time out is the cooking temp. Often there are little tweaks and mods that people do but again here is some reading matter. viewtopic.php?f=17&t=215&p=935&hilit=temps#p935

It's a great forum for advice, hints and tips. We love photos and look forward to sharing your BBQ Journey, mine has been one hell of a ride and I'm part way through.

All the best

Adie
All Weather Griller

Postby allstars666 » 01 May 2010, 21:08

All Weather Griller wrote:Great to see you here, I'm sure you'll be having some fun on the ProQ in no time.

Some useful threads on here that may help you:

Quite often people ask about the temp probe. It's not unusual for it to be slightly out when you received it. The advantage of the ProQ Bi-Metal probe is that it is configurable. viewtopic.php?f=17&t=205&p=861&hilit=temps#p861

Another thing people sometime struggle with first time out is the cooking temp. Often there are little tweaks and mods that people do but again here is some reading matter. viewtopic.php?f=17&t=215&p=935&hilit=temps#p935

It's a great forum for advice, hints and tips. We love photos and look forward to sharing your BBQ Journey, mine has been one hell of a ride and I'm part way through.

All the best

Adie

Thanks for the help Adie!
allstars666
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Postby All Weather Griller » 01 May 2010, 21:11

Anytime!
All Weather Griller

Return to Introduce Yourself