New Board Member!

Please stop by and say hello when you first join. Let us know who you are, where you are and anything else you want to share.

Moderator: British BBQ Society

New Board Member!

Postby Harry » 20 Apr 2010, 18:34

Sweet Juicy Mother of Holy Grilled God!

A UK based BBQ forum and there's no mention of Bar-B-Quik instant light foil picnic grills, either!

Well hello! I am based in the West Midlands and I love to BBQ. Anytime, anywhere. I have a ProQ Excel 20 smoker which i love to bits. Also just got some proper Beer Can Chicken stands and a remote meat thermometer from NYC.

I have 3 pork shoulders on order which i'm picking up in two weeks or so for a big party i'm throwing.

What else? Well, i'm really glad to find you all here and I hope i can input aswell as output information!

Cheers,

Harry
Harry
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Re: New Board Member!

Postby Steve » 21 Apr 2010, 08:17

Hi Harry, gald to have you on board.

Seems like we're getting quite a few new members in the Midlands.

There's quite a few people on here using Excels including myself so there's loads of information specific to this cooker dotted around. Sounds like you know what you're doing anyway :D

I look forward to seeing some pics from your porkfest :lol:
Steve
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Mike_P_in_Tucson » 21 Apr 2010, 17:14

Welcome, from an across-the-pond member. I also have an Excel 20, which I now use almost exclusively, much to the dismay of my 2 offset smokers. :cry:
Mike_P_in_Tucson

Postby Harry » 21 Apr 2010, 21:03

Hi !

Thanks for the responses.

I've never done pulled pork before and I'm not sure i've ordered a specific Boston Butt from the butcher. I'm new to the butchery game to be honest so i'm just learning how to communicate with our local guy. I'm hoping to build up a good meat-fuelled relationship (purely platonic, you understand) and order some good steaks when he's got to know me.

I usually wait for a trip to NY to eat steak. There's just no UK comparison i've found so far.

Cheers guys.
Harry
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Return to Introduce Yourself