fleagle says hi and want help

Please stop by and say hello when you first join. Let us know who you are, where you are and anything else you want to share.

Moderator: British BBQ Society

fleagle says hi and want help

Postby fleagle » 18 Apr 2010, 16:03

After 10 years of cooking on gas on an outback hunter I'm thinking of going back to charcoal.

I'm looking for a similar piece of kit but would like to extend to smoking as well. The hunter is an excellent piece of kit and is still going strong after 12 years so I'm looking for something well made that will last if looked after. Not a fan of weber for some reason :evil: .

Had a look at the landmann Grand Tennessee but after your expert views.

So any ideas folks?

Fleagle
fleagle
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Re: fleagle says hi and want help

Postby All Weather Griller » 18 Apr 2010, 18:12

Have you had a look at Napolean? They are big on the Gas side however, if you are looking for a Charcoal Pit then maybe a side smoker would be a good option.

not sure what side smokers have the rotisserie attachments but I'm sure you could mod one using your existing rotisserie. There is likely to be a couple of side smokers at the BBBQS competition in May. If your in the UK and local to the event it may be worth popping by.

An alternative may be to build your own UDS, Steve Heyes may see this post and put his slant on it. I doubt it would be difficult to add a Rottisserie attachment.

Cheers

Adie
All Weather Griller

Re: fleagle says hi and want help

Postby Steve » 19 Apr 2010, 08:17

If you want something that will last then my first suggestion would be Weber ;) You also get an abundance of options such as rotisserie add-ons and you can cook indirectly on a kettle.

But if you're not a fan of Weber, you could look at Dancook, their high end stuff is very well made, but it's kettle style so again I'd have to ask why not go with Weber :lol:

If you fancy giving an offset and don't mind spending the money Rumo are supposed to be very good http://www.forfoodsmokers.co.uk/acatalog/Rumo_Smokers.html

But then again, having coem from gas, you might enjoy a pellet pooper so a Traeger would probably work well for you http://www.americanbbq.co.uk/

Lots of options for you :D
Steve
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Introduce Yourself