New and need advice

Please stop by and say hello when you first join. Let us know who you are, where you are and anything else you want to share.

Moderator: British BBQ Society

New and need advice

Postby bobby fame » 16 Apr 2010, 12:09

Hello-I have been bbqing on a regular kettle drum bbq for a couple of years during the same and I want to take it more seriously and start being more adventurous. I need advice as to what the next best step is in terms of the kind of bbq I should buy, where I should get my charcoal from-previsouly homebase (*cough*) and anything else you guys think I need to know. I would like to get beyond burgers and sausages and make a 'real meal'

All and any advice is welcome,

Thanks!
bobby fame
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Re: New and need advice

Postby Smokingwoodman » 24 Apr 2010, 18:34

Hi Bobby

Welcome to the Forum.. afraid I know nothing about about cooking but if you post on the help and advice bit I'm sure you'll get plenty from everyone who does.

regards,

Paul
Smokingwoodman
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby British BBQ Society » 24 Apr 2010, 18:42

Sorry I missed your post, it really depends what you are trying to achieve, I am sure people will have differing opinions, if you are looking for a versitile BBQ then look at the ProQ Range (or if Steve has his way everyone will be building a UDS within a matter of weeks :lol: ), with the stackers you can grill or smoke so can dabble with anything.

Charcoal wise, look for a good restarant grade lump from a cash and carry or a decent quality Briquette, my personal favorite is Heat Beads which is why i approached them to sponsor the competition circuit this year. Stay well away from self lighting! I am sure a couple more opinions will be here shortly.

Toby
British BBQ Society
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Beserka » 24 Apr 2010, 18:46

Did you end up getting them as a sponsor?
I plan on coming to the comp at the end of May to have a look, and I am hoping that they will be selling them there.
Beserka
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Steve » 24 Apr 2010, 22:04

Hi Bobby,

I second what Toby said about Pro Q's and charcoal.

I have 3 Pro Q's, their versatile pieces of kit and it's hard to beat them for the money. I am a fan of UDS, they are great, but finding all the bits you need can be a pain in Britain.

If you're in the market for a new BBQ, I'd say have a look at the Pro Q's
Steve
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Introduce Yourself